The Tree

[Sock's Pov.]

Hatchet and I decided to make a cake to 1. Surprise Johnathon and 2. Because she said that she hasn't baked anything for a long time.

I Johnathon to go get the supplies sense we couldn't due to the whole demon thing. He said he'd get the pre-mixed stuff, but Hatchet made him get all the things we needed to make it from scratch.

When he left, we got everything ready. I had to take off my hat and goggles, but hesitated.

"Um, Napo- uh Sock, you should take off your hat. It might fall into the batter or something," Hatchet said, taking off any clothes that she didn't need on like her jacket and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. To be honest, she was kinda cute...

"I-I-I don't really feel like it..." I replied, bringing my shoulders up to my shoulders. "My hair I a little... Untameable..."

She chuckled,"Come on, I used to have crazy hair too. Take it off, I wanna see!"

I held and pressed the flaps of my hat against my cheeks and finally pulled it off my head. She looked at me for a moment and I closed my eyes. I then felt arms around me,"It's so cute!"

My cheeks heated up a little,"R-Really?..."

She let go and went back to preparing,"Yes, reay, Sock. I had crazy hair, too, remember? It was straight at the top and poofy at the end and never looked nice at day time. "

I smiled and ssaid under my breath,"Someone who's just like me... Just... Perfect."

"I heard that!~" she said, making me jump. "And I'm not perfect. It look like I can do a lot, but really, I can't do a lot of things..."

"Like what?" I asked, floating over and sliding down the counter to her.

"Well... I can't dance. That's one thing..." she brought her shoulders up to her cheeks like how I do.

I stared at her and blinked,"Seriously?"

"Yeah... Something simple, right? It just never really worked out for me, i guess," she explained. "But that doesn't mean I don't dance. I had a tree in my backward what I was still alive and me and my cousins used to just dance around it."

She smiled at the thought.

"Yeah... I see what you mean. Childhood stuff..."

"Yeah... Good times. I don't remember much, but out of all that I have left of it I everyday after school I would take my homework and go to the same part of the tree to finish them. It had everything I needed: a branch to hold my textbooks, a sloped branch for me to lay or sit on, and a small hole in the trunk to put my pencils or whatever I didn't need at the moment."

Her grin grew bigger at the thought. Johnathon came in through the door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey, you two. I got the stuff you wanted," he says, putting the grocery bag on the kitchen table.