ONE

CHAPTER ONE | THE BEGINNING

---

THE SCENT OF gasoline and fresh rain seemed like an odd smell to most people, but Tori felt completely content whenever the two smells filled up her senses. The pair of scents reminded her of New York and made the girl feel like she was home again. But that's the thing, she wasn't. Her mother and father decided it would be a great idea to pack up and leave the only home the twins knew and move back to where Maisie and Marshal were raised.

Tori's twin brother, Noah, was uncharacteristically enthusiastic about the move, being extremely eager for a change in scenery and atmosphere. His sister however, was anything but pleased with the news that the Ikeman family would be moving and was insanely quiet for the first few weeks of living in the town.

It was now the first day of school in Riverdale, the morning was quiet and chilly, adding to the anxiety that she felt towards starting at a new school with no one but her twin brother at her side. While Tori was stressing over the first day and the judgemental stares that she would most likely receive from students of Riverdale High, Noah was completely calm and was currently walking through the house with a toothbrush in his mouth and his phone in his hand.

The dark skinned girl looked upwards and stared at herself in her mirror, allowing her bangs to bounce forward and into her eyes. Her reflection stared back at her, daring her to blink.

"We're leaving in 10."

A voice pulled the girls attention from her mirror and Tori's eyes shot up landed on the tall body of her brother and saw he was leaning on the door frame, his hand pushing a toothbrush back and forth quickly against his teeth. His sister tucked a stray curl behind her ear and nodded her head slightly.

Standing up and grabbing her bag, Tori took a deep breath in. "Might as well just get it over with." She whispered to herself, her eyes scanning her bedroom trying to locate her phone.

Once the device was in her eyeline, she swiped it up and made a beeline for the door to her bedroom. The loud thump of her sneakers hitting the floorboards bounced off the walls of her house and signalled everyone that she was coming down the stairs.

"Morning Tor, excited for your first day?"

Her gaze shifted from her feet to her tall father that was standing at the end of the stairs, a coffee thermos in his hands and a satchel hanging off his shoulder. Tori bit her lip slightly before nodding and mumbling a quiet "yes".

"Don't worry so much Tori!" Her brother said while coming down the stairs and slinging his arm around her shoulders. "School's going to be great! Well except for the homework but you know, still great!"

Tori rolled her eyes and continued down the stairs and out the front door to the Ikeman residence, leaving a grinning Noah still on the stairs and a smug Marshal.

"You're gonna love it!" Noah shouted to his sister, who was now leaning against the car waiting for her father to unlock the grey vehicle. The boy practically skipped out of the house, the mischievous grin remained on his tan face.

Tori raised her eyebrows at the boy and chuckled.

"I don't understand how you can be so chipper this early in the morning. It actually stuns me."

Noah's grin only widened at Tori's sarcastic tone, a loud click coming from the car signalled that it was now unlocked. The twins climbed into the car, both still bickering with each other.

---

The car ride to Riverdale High was short, and definitely not quiet on Noah's part. The male spent the entire drive leant forward, with his head poking through the two front seats. He never stopped talking the entire trip and kept going on about how he might try out for basketball or football.

As of now, the pair were standing out front of the Highschool, both were understandably nervous but Tori was having a difficult time hiding her discomfort in starting at the new school. Her twin took notice of her fidgeting and gripped her small hand in his large one. She turned to face Noah at the contact and he offered her an encouraging smile. The boy knowing full well that his sister had a terrible history with anxiety and wouldn't be able to get through the day without him at her side.

"C'mon Tor, you'll be fine. I'll be with you all day."

The girl nodded her head and gave her brothers hand a tight squeeze. The bell resonated through the courtyard and signalled the start of the day.

Noah tugged his sister gently forwards towards the doors of the school. And so it began.

---

a/n: TERRIBLE ENDING IM SORRY