Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Ethan's P.O.V

The door swung open, and Maya looks up at me with her big and brown eyes. Her face slightly wet and shiny from the shower and to top it off, she was wearing an extremely thin tank top with heart-shaped pajama pants.

Holy shit.

How could someone wear pajamas and still make me want her so badly?

I inhaled sharply as she pulled me into a hug and all I could think about was how close I was to her breasts. In fact, I could see them even clearer, perking through the paper-thin fabric as she leaned closer. As hard as I try to keep my eyes firmly on her face, she was making it incredibly hard.

"That was a long fifteen minutes," she arched an eyebrow, her arms crossed under her breasts, pushing it up slightly — not that I was looking.

"I'm sorry, I got into an unexpected fight with my dad," I said, "you know how he is."

The moment I said that worry poured into her wide eyes as she moved aside, letting me into her house. The door shut behind us and she led me to her room. A strong familiar smell of strawberries and vanilla filled my nose as I take a deep to inhale, taking in the scent that I can never get enough of.

"So, what happened?" she asked, sitting up straighter.

I feel bad every time I was the reason why she sat up straight because that meant she was either worried or anxious about something.

I ran my hands over my hair, trying to find the right words to say without worrying her to death. But between trying to keep my eyes off her dangerously protruding breasts and thinking about the heated fight I had with my dad earlier, coming up with something to say was harder than I thought.

"It's nothing you should be worried about, baby," I said, taking off my jacket before sitting on the bed.

She held my gaze and then closed her eyes, turning her head to the side. Maya shifts over a bit, leaving several feet of space between us as she tries to hide the fact that she was upset that I wasn't telling her about my problems. Unable to make the situation better, I knew it was either tell her or get the cold treatment until I do tell her.

"He wanted me to get some beers from the kitchen and I told him to get it himself, and he wasn't happy about it."

I didn't lie. I simply just left out some details that she didn't need to know about.

But that was enough to satisfy her since she smiled slightly. "That's it?"

I nodded and I saw her shoulders relax in obvious relief. Thank god.

We both sat there in silence so I decided to change the topic into something more uplifting. "So, who are you and where are you holding Maya?"

"I'm right here," she says, trying to hold back her smile.

"My Maya has never talked back to me before, or am I dreaming, as you said?"

"I like to change things up a bit," she shrugs, patting the space next to her.

I moved closer to her and we lie down as I pulled her into a tight hug. She wraps her legs around me, burrowing her face against my chest. As she drew different shapes on my chest, I comb her hair with my fingers, and we stay like that for a long time and once again, I'm overwhelmed by all the emotions I felt for this girl.

Lying there, I observed all her perfections and flaws. I knew that in the real world, there was no such thing as a perfect lover, but knowing those flaws and still loving them creates somewhat a perfect love. And it was a love that I was determined to give to Maya.