Chapter 13- Mukluks and Loving Fallen Angels

Emi ran her fingers through her long red hair. The clock said it was about 7:30 in the morning, and the group had planned to go downhill skiing that day at Giants Ridge Ski Resort, and go to Grace's house for dinner.

"Hey, Emi?" Chiho asked, "Want me to braid your hair so it doesn't get tangled?"

"Sure," Emi said, and sat down on her bed. Chiho climbed on the bed and knelt behind her and began to part Emi's red hair for a french braid.

"I shall watch," Suzuno asked, coming up to them and watching Chiho braid with great interest.

"Alright!" Chiho said, happily.

"Have you ever down this skiing down hill?" Suzuno asked Chiho, as she sat on the bed next to Emi.

"No, and I'm really nervous," Chiho confessed, and yanked out a tangle from Emi's hair, "Oh! Sorry!"

Emi flinched and said through gritted teeth, "It's fine."

"Good morning!" called a cheerful voice from the door. It was Grace, and Maggie was right behind her.

"Morning!" the three girls replied in unison. Maggie and Grace looked very much from Minnesota- clad in ski pants, Grace in a blue fleece layer with long sleeves and thumb holes, and Maggie a grey sweat shirt that looked to big for her. Maggie wore a warm winter hat (she always wore a hat, this time switching from her usual black fedora into something warmer) and Grace in a colorful headband that covered her ears. They also both mukluks. Boots seemingly made of animal skin, that came almost to the knee; with long laces that wrapped around and around from the ankle to the top of the boot. Maggie's were black, and Grace's were white canvas with brown laces.

"We should go soon," Grace said, ever the mom, "Are you almost ready?"

"Just about," Emi said, and Grace excused herself to check on the guys while Maggie stayed and sat cross-legged on the bed across from the girls.

"Maggie? There's this question I've been dying to ask you," Chiho said, as she moved to the bottom part of the braid.

"Yeah?" Maggie asked, wondering what Chiho could possibly want to know so desperately.

"What's between you and Urushihara?" Chiho asked, and looked up at Maggie in the eye.

"W-what do you mean?!" Maggie asked, face reddening.

"You two seem..." Chiho thought for a moment, "Close. You like him?"

"Like him? I don't dislike him..." Maggie said, face turning redder by the second, "Though I do think he's cool, and he wouldn't be bad to hangout with- I might sorta like him a little," she muttered so soft and fast it was hard to make out.

Chiho wasn't fooled, "Oh my gosh, you do!"

"Urushihara is an idiot! He's a demon! He's on the side of Hell! He is not someone you should fall in love with," Emi warned.

"He is an idiot. Yeah, but there's nothing wrong with loving a demon... is there?" Chiho asked, and blushed- thinking of Sadao.

Emi sighed, "Just be careful, you two."

"W-what?! I-" Maggie started.

"Oh come on, it's obvious," the three other girls said flatly.

First pair: Maggie's

Second pair: Grace's