Chapter 20- Christmas is a Good Excuse to Drink

"Is this a good idea, Sire?" Ashiya asked Sadao, gently, looking around the small room uneasily. Sadao laughed.

"Totally!" King Satan replied, grinned, "We'll play a drinking game, it'll be fun. It's Christmas, after all."

We were all gathered in Emi, Chiho, and Suzuno's bedroom, which was the largest out of everyone's. The three girls sat one bed, Chiho looking very excited and kept sneaking looks at Sadao. Grace and Yun sat on another bed- Grace was braiding her own hair and Yun looked on disinterstedly. Maggie and I sat on the last one, she used my side as a back rest, sitting cross-legged on the bed facing Sadao and Ashiya, while I sat with my arms crossed and my legs hanging over the side. Sadao sat on a chair at a desk, holding a bottle of wine, and Ashiya leaned against the desk. There were several more bottles sitting on the floor next to them, and there was a case of beer.

"We are in the presence of High School students..." Ashiya continued, glancing at Chiho, Grace, Yun, and Maggie, nervously.

"Oh! We'll be fine Mr. Ashiya, go ahead. None of us want any, right guys?" Chiho asked, and the rest of them murmured in agreement.

"Give me some, I'm playing," I said, and every pair of eyes was immediately looking in my direction. Well, except Maggie's, she continued to lean against me. Although she turned her head slightly in my direction, not enough to see me, but to indicate her focus was on me.

"Aren't you too young?" Yun asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, gosh- that one! He really got his hopes up! You idiot, you can't have any!" Sadao said, coming over to me, laughing. He ruffled my hair, and whispered in my ear: "Those two think you're their age so act like it."

I glared at him.

Sadao walked back over to the bottle and picked it up, "All right, who's playing?"

Emi rolled her eyes, "I guess I am."

"I as well," Suzuno said.

Ashiya sighed, "If I must."

"All right, awesome!" Sadao pulled out some cheap paper cups and passed them out. Ashiya poured Coke into Grace, Maggie, Chiho, Yun's cups, and in mine as well. Sadao poured beer into the players cups.

"The rest of you can play, with no consequences, while us adults will actually drink," Sadao said, and began to explain the rules, "It's simple- our first game, we'll separate into two teams. We'll listen to the song Roxanne by the Police. Every time they sing Roxanne, Team 1 drinks. Every time they sing Red light, Team 2 drinks. If one person on your team is the first to be noticeably drunk, you loose."

How King Satan of Ente Isla, also known as Sadao Maou of Japan knew an American drinking game, you might ask? I looked up drinking games on the internet for him, and that's what came up. He must have been planning this all day.

"There's nine of us, though," Maggie pointed out.

"Then five against four?" Emi asked, "Hmmm... How about Girls vs. Guys?"

"Yeah, sounds good," Sadao said.

"The song only lasts for so long, I've never heard it, but I assume the reason it's a game is because Roxanne and Red Light is said often. Is this a good idea?" Yun asked, and every one looked at him. Grace and Ashiya looked very much in agreement.

There was a moment of silence.

"LET'S GET STARTED!" Sadao yelled, and punched the air. Chiho pulled out her phone and started playing the song.

It turns out, that the line: Roxanne you don't have to put on the red light, is said more than twenty times. 

Ashiya passed out as the song ended.

"What the hell?! He should've been just fine!" Yun cried, kneeling beside the man and looking him over- doin' all that wannabe doctor-y stuff.

"OH GOD! ASHIYA!" Sadao cried, and dropped to his knees beside his right hand general, "Stay with me!"

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, "You dead, bro?"

"HE CAN'T HEAR YOU!" Sadao cried, worry etched across his face.

"He should be fine. It appears he's just a huge light weight. That was like, less than one can of beer," Yun said, "Help me lift him."

The two of the lifted Ashiya onto a bed.

"Hey! That's my bed!" Emi pointed out, angrily.

"Stop being insensitive," Sadao snapped. Emi looked as though she were about to say something, but held her tongue.

"Want to continue playing?" Suzuno asked, and everyone nodded. 

The night wore on and Suzuno, as expected, was the next drop out, not wanting to make a fool of herself. She didn't even seem remotely drunk, in my opinion. But she was really flushed. After that Grace and Yun said they were tired and left to go to their own room, where then I was allowed to play. 

At this point it was late, and Chiho had fallen asleep, sprawled out on her bed. There was no real game any more, just Sadao and Emi watching each other drink. They were red, and they switched from yelling at each other, to being extremely quiet and just staring at each other. I poured myself some beer, and sat with Maggie on the bed, laughing at their antics.

"How old are you really?" she asked as we watched as Emi raise her shaking hand to slap Sadao.

"Over twenty-one," I said and she laughed.

"Figured. You're a demon from another world, but seriously, how old are you?" she asked and I thought for a moment.

"I... stopped counting the years a long time ago," I muttered and took a gulp of my beer. She stared at me.

"I see..."

"But if I had to guess, I'd say 1, 816 years, 7 months, 14 days, 4 hours, and 10 seconds," I said, and we both laughed.

"Well, I'm seventeen, so... I'm totally older than you," she said, and crossed her arms.

"Is that so?" I asked, and cocked my head to the side with a grin.

"Yup," she laughed, and I rolled my eyes. 

"You want some of this?" I asked, and offered her my cup. She looked at it apprehensively.

"Sure... Just a sip, though," she said, and I pulled back the cup.

"Too bad, you bad girl," I cackled, and she crossed her arms.

"Whatever," she muttered and I continued to laugh, "I'm about to taste it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I stopped laughing, "What do you mean?"

She grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me in for a passionate kiss. My eyes widened in surprise before sinking into it. She pulled back for air and smirked at me, as though to say I won and you know it.

"Whatever. Let's go back to the room."