~Chapter Twenty~

(Don't start music till I mention to)

Your POV....

You finished putting on your gray coat by the time Durward was knocking on the door. Gray stood with his back towards your direction. You noticed him slightly flipping from nervousness.

He was so warm.....and those eyes-THIS HAS TO STOP!!!

You shook your thoughts and looked back at Gray. Just observing his features, you felt your cheeks heat up.

Those dark eyes that reminded you of a starry night, the hair that reminded you of a raven's feathers, and his facial features were just absolutely stunning to you. Gray was fiddling with his thumbs by the time you sighed and then told him it was okay to turn around.

"What are we going to do today?" You asked as the two of you walked down the hallway. Durward was walking right behind you like a lost puppy, his brown eyes widened and shaking slightly.

"I have no clue." Gray replied rather quietly.

"Wanna take a walk?" You asked shyly. Gray looked at you, his dark eyes staring right into your (E/C) eyes. Gray started to have a light blush dust across his cheeks before nodding.

The two of you walked out of the mansion and started to walk towards the direction where you formed ice on the ocean tide. The snow was starting to get heavier by the minute, slowly draining out all the sound surrounding the both of you. While walking, you noticed Gray's hand brushing against your. You hesitantly looked at him before grabbing onto his hand firmly, he gasped quietly making you feel anxious. However, he smiled softly towards you before squeezing your hand gently.

Your heart was pounding against your chest as you continued to hold his hand, you were terrified....but him by your side you felt protected, safe, and calm. When you reached by the rock side near the ocean tide the both of you sat down and remained silent, observing the beautiful view of Tenrou Island.

"Gray, can I ask you something?" You asked hesitantly.

Gray looked deeply into your (E/C) eyes, but then nodded and replied softly.

"Sure, ask away."

"Earlier when you said you couldn't afford to loose anymore people you cared about...Do you mean you care about me?" You asked.

Gray's hand tighten around yours, and he sighed before replying.

"Yes....I care about you. Ever since I found you up in that tower, and saw your face for the first time..I just had this feeling inside me that made my stomach have butterflies and heart pound against my chest.

"I felt attracted towards you, but then I started to avoid you because I scared that you would end up being taken away just like Ur, my parents, and I couldn't afford to loose you." Gray answered.

"So, that's why you will act rude and ignore me at times?" You replied.

"Yea, because I didn't want to become to attached to you because people who I cared about the most end up dying because of me, and I couldn't loose a person like you." Gray said.

"A person...like me?" You said questionably.

"(F/N), you are just a kindhearted, gentle, caring, compassionate, fierce person. You are shy and can be really adorable when you stutter or act awkward. You also are extremely beautiful, hell, the most beautiful person I have ever met in my life! Your (E/C)eyes, (H/C) hair, soft (S/C) skin. Everything." Gray exclaimed bashfully as a blush rose to his cheeks.

You were completely red from his compliments, your heart sounding like a drum in a marching band. Gray suddenly pulled you gently closer to him, and placed his head onto yours. You placed your hands onto his cheeks and smiled softly.