Chapter 3: Emma

As I led "Hook" back to my car, I asked him, "So what is your real name, anyway?"

He turned, and smiled at me. "Love, Killian Jones is my real name, although some people have taken to call me by my more colorful moniker, Hook." He laughed as if it were a joke, and a cocky grin played at his crimson lips.

"Like, Captain Hook?" I groaned, but I could tell this was the truth. I have a "superpower" to be able to tell if anyone was lying, and at the moment, he hadn't told me any.

He laughed again. "Haven't we been through this before?"

"I've never once in my life met you, so I don't know how we possibly could have," I remarked, crossing my arms.

He gave me a cheeky grin. "Ah, but you have met me, you do know me. Why would you bail out a complete stranger who tried to kiss you earlier? You must have a reason. You're not the type of person who would do anything of the sort... I know you quite well, Emma Swan. You just don't remember that you know me."

I was stunned. Quite frankly, I had no clue why I just bailed him. I felt a connection to him, somehow, from somewhere. I just couldn't remember, couldn't- wouldn't dig deep enough to figure out why.

I had no response, or I was too embarrassed. The redness of my cheeks was making me sweat, and the lump in my throat was making it hard to breath.

He laughed again, sensing my silence.

I groaned, my cheeks turning back to their normal color, and my mouth no longer dry.

"Come, on. We are about to get dinner. I'll get you some, and then take you home. Where DO you live anyway?"