Chapter 27: Oz

It took her a moment to get over the shock. "Didn't see that one coming, did you?"

She blinked from being in a daze. "No. Not really..."

"May I continue?" I asked, chuckling.

She laughed, "Oh, uh, sure."

I smiled. "After she was cursed, she ran away and met me. Since she told me that story, I was a bit afraid of her. I tried extra hard not to make her upset. One day, I was riding through the woods, when I met the queen of Oz, Glinda. Her horse was hurt, so I helped her get it home. She told me she would owe me something, so whenever I needed help, to stop by at her castle. Even though I didn't ask for any favors, we still visited each other. We rode our horses out together and became pretty good friends. Her and I grew together and Zelena and I grew apart. Soon, Glinda and I fell in love. A few months later, we met in the woods and I proposed to Glinda, who said yes. I had totally forgotten about Zelena's curse, and moved into the castle with Glinda, leaving Zelena. She was merely a figure from my past up until Glinda and I's wedding day. She showed up, uninvited, and had turned completely green."

Emm gulped like she knew the ending, and looked down. "Then what happened?"

"Glinda died. Zelena killed her because I broke the heart she no longer has." My voice and face were stone cold, and Emma looked at me with sympathy.

"Then why didn't she kill you?"

I sighed, my voice and breath shaky. "Because no matter how dark and shallow her heart was, she still loved me."