#1 Scripted Encounter

Meher

Have you ever lived in Mumbai? Ever travelled in peak times and heavy traffic in Mumbai? Ever been so late on your first day for this huge project that you should just quit? If all yes, that is what is happening to me right now. I have always been disciplined and on-time at all my meetings and now I have got this film project that could lead to my promotion.

Well, I'll dive in directly and explain why I am ranting so much in Mumbai metro, going to film city for the rehearsals of new movie project directed by debutant Mr. Niel Kapoor, grandson of famous actor Mr. Mahesh Kapoor aka MK. He needs a life coach for character development for the main lead actor. I do not have much knowledge on the story which I wanted to reach early and understand more, but now that can not happen.

The films name is 'Junoon', main lead roles are the rising star Jay Mehra as Arnav Singhania and Anya Gill as Diya Mehta. The synopsis of the film is Arnav is a rich brat in the same college as Diya who's rich but grounded. Arnav accepts the bet to make Diya fall in love with him and dump her in front of the whole school at the graduation party. Arnav is successful in making Diya head over heels with him but he doesn't realise that he has also fallen in love with her. To not lose the bet, he dumps Diya at the party and leaves without waiting for her reply. Diya moves away to US for her studies and Arnav, still upset, can not forgive himself. After 5 years, both meet again at Diya's dad's company's 75 years anniversary party and ask for forgiveness. He goes down the rabbit hole of alcohol and puts in all the efforts to impress her again. Diya softens and accepts his love and they get married.

Now you know the story before the movie even has released, I'll tell you about myself. I am Meher Sharma, a life coach by profession, helping influential people to maintain their image and status in their society. I work at an agency that specialises in coaching, corporate communication and crisis management. I am on my way to help Jay Mehra prepare for his role transitioning from egotistical boy to remorse man. It is a 3 month-long shoot with outdoor locations. With this movie being a hit in the cinemas, I'll be promoted to head the life coach department.

Next station Aarey...

Oh yes, I'm very close, I just need to find an auto rickshaw for film city. I am very excited for this new project, I have never been on a film set before and never worked with a movie project. The director is very sweet, even though it's his first movie and grandson of a major star, he is a very grounded and normal guy. I am looking forward to working with him, he has a lot of passion and talent for films. I have not heard much about Jay Mehra, however I have seen his interviews and he is quite his real self. He won't be needing much of my help.

"Bhaiya, film city chaloge," I ask the driver.

"Chalo." He starts the meter and I sit in the auto.

ETA is 10 minutes, I text the AD.

Lets go back to my story. I am quite an extrovert, I love all types of entertainment, am very social and network very easily with new people. My parents and I live in Lower Parel area of Mumbai, my younger brother is in the US for his masters and looking forward to settling down there. I have a big extended family from my fathers side and we are very close to them. I was born and raised in Mumbai and did my mass media studies from a renowned college in Mumbai. I like travelling out of town as I have always been in the city all these years.

"Madam, pauch gaye hum," the driver says.

"Thank you bhaiya."

"Excuse me, could you help guide me to the Junoon set?"

"Go straight and then left, you'll find a board of the movie there."

"Thank you."

I run in that direction as fast as I can. I find the set and am in awe with the production. It is so huge and well made.

"Hey, excuse me, where can I find Mr. Niel?" I ask.

"You can go through this aisle and he is in his office."

"Thank you."

I find the office and knock on the door.

"Come in." I enter the office.

"Hey Niel, I am Meher Sharma from Phoenix Consultants, here for the character development for your new movie."

"Oh yes, come in, Meher. You did not arrive at 10am so I thought you wouldn't be coming in today."
I check my watch and see it's 11:02am now.

"I am so sorry, I was super late at catching the metro."

"Oh it's no worries at all. Where do you live?"

"I live in Lower Parel."

"That is definitely a commute. If I would have known, I would have kept this meeting at the production office in Bandra."

"It's no problem at all. The commute was not that bad." In reverse, it was so bad but i can't say that to him.

"I hope you know the story of this film. Here is the script and would like you to go through this weekend and we can catch up again on Monday with your notes. Also you can meet our actor Jay." He gives me the script with the title 'Junoon' written in bold.

"Yes that works, I will get on this right now. Do you mind if I work from the set itself? It will help me understand the character more and know your filming style."

"Surely, whatever you feel comfortable with. I am very excited for this film and we start shooting in the next 10 days. You'll get one week with Jay to start off his earlier scenes and gradually you will be working with Anya for her development in the second half of the movie. I want you to communicate with both of them personally too to compare their natural behaviour and character nature. If you want any help, I am here, feel free to ask. Also when youre done, please let me know, my driver will drop you home."

"That's very sweet of you Niel, thank you so much. I am confident that we can start shooting by your timeline with my notes. This is my first film project too and I am also very thrilled to be working on it with you."

"Great, lets start working then. You can use my office, I am going outside for the set production review."

"Sure, thanks!"

Lets get to this script, Meher. We need to rock this project and get that promotion.

Stay tuned for more laughter, more love, and more surprises in the next chapter of "Love Behind the Scenes"