Chapter 2

(Yo. This is the second person writing the story. You can refer to me as Ultra. Anyway, this may not be as good as the first chapter, but I'll try anyway.)

King awoke a bit later, yawning. He rubbed his eyes and then looked around. Realizing he fell asleep, he jumped out of the bed. He looked at the time. That late already? He groaned, rubbing his head. He was hoping to spend some time with Diane, if she wasn't busy.

"Ugh, I'm such an idiot!" He said to himself, floating downstairs. He looked around. Diane wasn't lying on Chastiefol anymore and there wasn't any sign of her. He saw Elizabeth going about some chores still around the tavern. The boys had messed things up again, and that meant Meliodas and Ban.

"Elizabeth? Where did Diane go?" He asked, trying to make it seem like he was just casually asking. Elizabeth saw through him easily, giving a slight giggle.

"She went into the town to do some errands, King." She replied. He gave her a nod.

"Thanks. Also, thanks for cleaning the place up all the time. Meliodas really puts you to work."

"Oh, I don't mind! I'm glad I can help out!"

At that, King picked up Chastiefol and then floated out of the tavern. He went over to the town, looking around for any sign of Diane. At some point, he noticed her walking somewhere, seemingly having a destination. Her hair was long instead of the usual pigtails she had. Since he didn't know where she was going, he didn't make his appearance known quite yet, but scolded himself for doing so.

'This makes me look like such a creep...' He thought to himself as he kept floating above, but a little behind, her.

Soon enough, she seemed to stop at some construction site. She began talking with one of the workers before she turned and started to help out. King watched the scene in slight surprise, not expecting to see that. He stood by in some place where he couldn't be seen.

Soon enough, the workers thought it was enough work for the day. Diane had just placed down several bricks with her strength. The head worker smiled.

"Wow, you really are quite strong!" He said. "Excuse me for asking, but why did you want to help again?" He asked. Diane gave a polite smile.

"Well, I wanted to help fix the damage that was caused in our fight." She replied. The worker looked confused.

"Your fight?" He asked. She took a step behind the bricks before stepping back out, holding her hair up in pigtails. At the sight, the workers stared. "It's you."

King saw their surprise. He narrowed his eyes, ready to go down there if things got bad. Diane didn't seem too taken aback by their reactions, looking down slightly.

"I'm sorry for causing so much damage..." She apologized. The head worker shook his head.

"No, no! We're the ones who should be apologizing! We blamed you for something that wasn't your fault!" He said. She looked a little surprised, even more so when the workers took a bow.

"We're very sorry!" They said in unison. Diane stood for a moment before shaking her head.

"No, don't apologize! I'm just glad I can help out this much!" She said. The workers looked really grateful for her words before they walked away.

"That went better than expected, huh?" King said, floating down next to her. At his voice, Diane turned around to look at him before smiling.

"King! What are you doing here?" She asked. "Did you follow me?"

"W-Well, not necessarily..." He said, his cheeks dusting a light red. She giggled.

"It's fine, King." She said, turning around. "Hey, wanna play tag?" She asked. He blinked, remembering the times that they used to play tag together in the past. He gave a soft smile and a nod.

"Yeah, let's do it." He said.She smirked and then took off.

"Catch me if you can!" She called back. He gasped softly and then took off flying after her.

"That's not fair, you got a head start!" King called after her. She laughed.

"Tell you what! If you catch me, I'll do anything you want!" She said. This sparked more memories for King, catching him off guard. He could clearly see himself flying and a younger Diane running after him. The roles were reversed now. Well, he decided that he was going to man up and ask Diane out on a date when he caught her. Using that at motivation, he charged forward. Thing was, in his momentary day dream, he had lost her. He stopped, looking around.

"Wait, what..?" He asked himself, groaning. "Damn it, I lost her!" He muttered to himself. Then, he heard some happy commotion going on. He raised an eyebrow, flying towards it. Below him, he saw a human wedding going on. He stopped to stare momentarily.

He always thought human weddings were something to see. They didn't live as nearly as long as he did, always dying in what feels like a few days to him. Years pass without him even realizing anymore and they come and go. They know this, so they spend their time with loved ones through acts like this, to show their bond for life. He thought it was something a bit weird, but also really nice. He looked at the crowd and he managed to see Diane standing in the back, watching as well. He floated down beside her.

"It's so nice, human weddings, don't you think..?" She asked him. He nodded in response. He remembered their times in the past.

"Hey, Diane..? Do you...remember me?" He asked. She turned to look at him with a smile. Then, ever so slowly, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. When she saw his red face, she giggled softly.

"Does that answer your question?" She asked, tilting her head a little. He blinked and then gasped softly.

"Is that a yes-" He was cut off when a brick hit him in the head. He fell out of the air and onto the ground. Diane gasped and then bent down.

She tried shaking him and calling his name, but he was down for the count. She stared and then sighed, picking him up with his Chastiefol. She looked up towards the wall, figuring that might be a good place to go until he woke up. So, she headed on here way there.

(Sorry for the lateness and the shit that is this chapter. Shit happens.)