4th Wall: Broken

"Hey, JC, remember when we were contemplating life and all that?" I asked. "Wait, Dean, I thought you hated doing that!" replied JC. "Yeah, well, I've been thinking... and do you think we're really just being controlled, that what we percieve through our eyes is really just a playback for someone's entertainment?" I questioned. "Ugh... I know why you're uncomfortable then... careful, this could keep you sleepless," he said. Right then, Hazell and Leala came over. "Oh, good, something to end this potentially dark and depressing conversation. Potentially. Don't mistake it for something REALLY depressing.  Yeah, I'M TALKING TO YOU!" I said, knocking on the air. Mid-punch, I hit some glass object. "Wait..." I said, inspecting further the wall. We couldn't see it,  but we most definitely could interact with it. It abided by the laws of physics, but was invisible. But I noticed a crack. We decided to stop thinking. And when we stopped, the wall was gone.
"Can we just please not talk about what you two were talking about?" asked Leala. "Okay, I think it's for the better good anyway," I replied. But we could not stop thinking. Or me atleast. The three just dropped the subject. It was Friday. We had half-day classes that day, and and ten we went to our respective clubs. I had joined the Young Writers Club, being the only Grade 6 guy to do so after twins Lindsey and Loraine. Later on, however, Hazell and Melreez, another good friend of mine, joined in. It felt good to have two close friends with you as you tiringly walk around, interviewing people and just looking plain ridiculous, however. There was advantages to the Young Writers club, though. Like you weren't required to work your butt off like in the sports or cooking club. Well, you could only go around, interview some people, write it down, and present it to the teacher. Then you can have the rest of the day off. Well, having explained how this club works, something unusual happened while I went out interviewing with Hazell, my photographing partner. After we finished, we went back up to the room after we snagged ourselves some juice at the canteen. Mysteriously, we bumped into that same surface I broke, only in a much more broken state. Hazell was right about to say something when JC and Jed, our classmate, came along. "So Jed here was talking the stuff we agreed NOT to talk about," said JC, clearly agitated. "Why do you guys keep secrets from me? I'm trustworthy!" a clearly annoyed Jed said. He has this bad habit of getting mad when people don't tell him secrets. "Jed, I told you NOT to talk about it, and LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED!" JC yelled furiously. We banged on the wall, but Jed couldn't feel anything. To him, the wall was non-existent, so he thought we were playing with him. He got offended quick and yelled in a rage, then walked away. "What happened?" asked Hazell. "Probably when anyone talks to any of the four of us about questioning reality, the wall appears," I explained. Suddenly we felt the wall closing in on us. Then suddenly, we collapsed.

HEY GUYS!
It's been a long hiatus, but now I'm back with a new story featuring the characters from Extoic Butters: The Untold Story! I hope you enjoy it!