Chapter Nine

Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER NINE

"Zayn seems to really like Addison," says Harry as he presses the end button on his mobile. "Rang me to tell me I'm the greatest friend ever and that," Harry puts up his fingers to make air quotes and does a bad impersonation of Zayn, "'if I were still single, I'd suck your dick, mate.'"

"Ey!" Louis protests from the couch. "He better not."

Harry laughs. "Guess Addy's nothing like her dad, then."

"God," Louis laughs, "Could you imagine a young, female version of Dave?"

Harry chuckles. "I'm just glad she's talking to her dad, even though he's not the best. That stuff's important, ya know?"

"Yeah," Louis says softly.

"Like, my dad lives over in Wales now, but I still call him after he and my mum split. She's brave to give that old sock a chance."

Louis shrugs. "Yeah, I suppose," he mutters.

"Anyway, Zayn's really into her. He says her poetry 'gives him butterflies.' How adorable, it's like he's fifteen."

Louis laughs, the conversation reminding him of one he experienced not too long ago. He picks a nut out of the bowl in the middle of the newly bought wooden coffee table. "Oi, open up," He says. Harry opens his mouth wide and Louis throws the nut in. Unfortunately, it misses his mouth and hits his cheek.

"Bad aim, babe."

"It's your fault, you didn't open your mouth wide enough."

"Oh please," Harry scoffs. "My mouth is enormous. Do it again, I'll get it."

Louis fishes for another nut, this time throwing it and hitting Harry's forehead.

"That was on purpose, Louis, you're not even trying!"

"Course I'm trying, you're just bad at the game."

"I bet I could do it better," Harry challenges.

"Fine," Louis says, crossing his arms defiantly. Instead of grabbing a nut, however, Harry leans forward and pecks Louis on the cheek.

"You missed," Louis smirks, catching on.

 Harry kisses his jaw. "Still not getting there," Louis says.

Harry sucks on the skin of Louis' neck. Louis bites his lips harshly. "Try again."

Harry finally pulls his face up to Louis', forcing their lips to meet. His fingers ghost slightly up Louis' t-shirt, feeling the warm skin.

Louis grabs Harry's face, compelling him to kiss him harder. His hands make his way to his boyfriend's shoulders, feeling the broad muscles of his upper back, going down until he reaches the hem of his trousers and beginning to-

"Hey," Harry says abruptly, pulling away from Louis. "How about we hang out with Zayn and Addison tonight? We both need to get to know Addy, and you don't know Zayn that well."

Louis stares at Harry for a bit, before getting the message. "Yeah, sure."

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

"I know how my dad can be," Addison sighs, "he's not the best and my brothers don't want to talk to him, but he's my dad, and I've only got one so I'm trying. Mum thinks I'm crazy." Zayn rubs her arm, nuzzling his nose at the back of her neck.

"Yeah, I know how it is," says Louis quietly, "Takes a lot of courage to put forth the effort."

"Oh? What about you? What did your dad do?" asks Addy inquisitively. Louis stares at his toes. He can feel Harry's curious gaze.