Memories...

"Hey mama, what is it like to be queen?" I asked my mom while I was watching the news with my parents on it.

"Well it's not easy, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. You'll be queen one day, but you'll always be my little princess." My mom leans her head against mine. Her beautiful hazel brown hair hanging in front of our faces, and green eyes staring into my blue ones.

"I get to be queen? When can I be?!" I ask with excitement, my mom pulling me on top of her lap.

"You'll be queen once you find your prince. Just remember that you have to take responsibility for it, okay?" My mom gives me a smile while poking my nose, causing me to giggle.

"Of course mama! I wonder what my prince is like?" I ponder while fiddling with my dress.

"I'll tell you who once you are old enough, okay?" My mom says in a calm tone, giving me a soft kiss on my forehead.

Knowing that my mom knew who my prince was got me excited.

But that didn't last long. After turning 9, I had to learn how to act like a proper lady. I had to study every hour of the day, learn how to dance. Even talking in front of a large audience was something that had to be mastered.

Since I turned 16, I finally figured out what my mom meant when she said she would tell me who my supposed 'prince' is.

Bringing us to the present day...