~1~ First Impressions

"Which dress are you going to wear today?" my best friend Chloe asked from my room. It was the first day of our senior year of high school. An a-line mahogany skirt draped at her hips; with it, she wore a cream crop-top that complemented her hips and flat stomach. While she shined in her cute outfit, her hair needed some work.

"I'm not sure yet," I said as I dried myself off from my bath. "Did you hear about Eric from the varsity water polo team? He broke up with his cheer captain girlfriend Megan on the last day of school. I'm so happy for him, she treated him like an object." I was still drying off on the floor, tail and all. Chloe had known my secret for years now. We were eight when one summer, Chloe decided to pour water on me as a practical joke. However, the minute I transformed, she was screaming bloody murder for a good minute: before cracking a joke that she was friends with the star of H2O. We had only become better friends ever since.

"Ohh, didn't you used to have a crush on him in like freshmen year? He is pretty cute, but he's too sporty for me. Hey, how about you wear your pretty red dress for the "occasion"? I bet you'll get his attention that way..." Chloe said with a hint of a smirk behind her words.

Chloe is the perfect best friend. She is pretty rambunctious but still had her wits. She has helped me with homework way too many times to count, and she has the best sense of fashion. She was beautiful but hid her hazel eyes behind her long blond hair. With a friend like her, guys come up to me all the time for her phone number, but I deny almost all of them. Chloe didn't deserve a guy who couldn't work up the courage to ask her for her phone number.

I blushed. "Psh, didn't every girl have a crush on Eric at one point or another? I mean he has the perfect balance of hotness to niceness. The hotter the guy gets, the more of a complete jerk he is until they're just another cute face to look at until they open their mouth. Besides, what do you think about Thomas this year? Are you going to ask him out or not?" Thomas was our guy friend who'd been trying to flirt with Chloe for forever. Chloe, however, was completely oblivious to it, but yet she still has a crush on him.

It was Chloe's time to blush. "What are you talking about?" She began to fan herself with her hand. "He's too much of a friend to me..."

"Uh huh, your face begs to differ." I was now dry and in my robe, standing up from the floor as my legs came back. "Now back to the original topic: no, it's not the time for the red dress. How about my flowy, light pink and white dress with some brown heels? I feel cute in that outfit." As she pulled it from my closet, I took off my robe and headed into my room, changing into my dress with her help.

"Well, that's one way to get a guy's attention... Now for the hair..." Chloe commented. I sat down at my makeup station and got to work. As I did my make-up, Chloe curled my long, dark brown hair. She then did her own hair. After about an hour, we were ready for school. We grabbed our purses that we used as backpacks, and I grabbed the keys to the Rolls-Royce.

My parents were almost never home. My dad is the CEO of Zuckeln, and he's almost always away for "work". My mom is a siren, hence why I have a tail. As sirens are famous for their devilishly good looks and her alluring aurora, she had no problem becoming a model with her persuasion, which was only made available for herself after she saved my father in a boating accident. Therefore, she's always either at a photo shoot or with her other model friends. With both parents making a steady income, we have a few luxuries.

It only took us about five minutes to drive to school, so we still had 15 minutes until school started. We already got out our schedules, knowing full well we had two classes together-chemistry and homeroom, the two best classes. As for electives, I was in advanced cooking, while Chloe was in Yearbook.

As I locked my car and headed to the front of the school, Thomas waved to us from the tree he was leaning on. Thomas was fairly tall, with light brown hair and broad shoulders from working out. He had his backpack near his feet like he had been waiting for us for a while.