nine

real life

"EZRA can we please hurry?" amara yelled up the stairs as she grabbed her purse. today was her first session of group therapy and if she missed it they'd send her right back to rehab.

"i'm coming! don't get your panties in a bunch," he responded bounding down the stairs and grabbing his keys.

amara hummed quietly along to the radio as ezra pulled into the familiar building complex.

"i think i'm gonna tell mom and dad," ezra said tapping on the steering wheel.

"tell them what?"

"that i'm gay."

"wait, you're gay?" amara pretended to be shocked.

"haha, you're so funny, but no seriously. i can't hide it any longer.

"well, how do you think they'll take it?"

"i hope well," he responded parking the car, "but anyways, did you talk to kj?"

"i did. and i'm not doing that again if that's what you think."

ezra nodded pensively as he pulled into the parking lot. he and amara always had an unspoken bond between them, they had both spent their share of days wondering what was wrong with them.

"i know i don't tell you enough," ezra said removing his key from the ignition, "but i love you."

amara gave ezra a half smile because she knew that wasn't true, ezra told her he loved her every second he got, be would never let her forget it. and she was so grateful to have him as her rock.