twenty one

real life

KJ had to convince amara that he was going to be there for her. no matter how hard it got. so he managed to convince ezra to give him the time and place of her group therapy meetings so he could go and support.

"kj?" amara asked as she walked into her therapist's office, "what are you doing here?"

"i'm here to prove to you that i am not like the other guys. that i am here for the long run, issues and all. so i am here asking if you will go out with me. i don't care if you apologize the entire date, or if you ask me to reassure you because i will. i am here for you."

amara laughed and slung her arm around his waist, "you're such a corn ball keneti."

"wait, so was that a yes?"

"yes, you dork. now come on i'll be late for my appointment."

"what exactly do you do in group therapy?" kj asked as they got onto the elevator.

"convince everybody that you won't kill yourself," amara said calmly pressing the button for the fourth floor.

"are you serious?"

"yep. they ask the stereotypical questions. 'how is your treatment?' 'how have the panic attacks been?' 'are you getting better?'

"and how do you respond?" kj asked.

"you lie, and tell them everything is just fine."