~*Chapter Eight*~

When I got home about 15 minutes later, Mason opened the door for me and led me to the living room where everyone was; my mom, Mason, Jared, James, and my aunt Tanya and her husband, who came from New Jersey. I was taken aback,  I haven't seen those two since I had gone to spend my summer vacation there about 4 years ago.

I walked in along side Mason. "Mas, what's going on?"

"Mom has made a decision. And we need you to hear it."

"What's it about?"

"You'll see, Cristy."

I stood next to my mom, looking at her with curiosity. She wasn't looking at me, instead, she was she was looking down with her face in her hands. "Mum, what's going on?" When she looked at me, I immediately knew something big was going on.

"Cristine, I've called the cops on James. He's in prison now. And-"

"But why are you crying? That's good! He's finally away from us!" I beamed.

"Sweetheart, I have to be sent to a rehabilitation center for a few weeks. None of you three know this, but... I've been- I've been doing drugs for the past few months. I need help. Cristine, you're aunt is here because I'm sending you to New Jersey for a while. I want you to start fresh. Get some help and be happy for once. Both of us have gone through a lot. We both need help, but I want you to be farther away because I want the best for you. Your aunt offered to pay therapy. There's a very good specialist there and I want you to get better so that way, later on when we're both better,  all four of us can reunite and be a normal family. I want the best for you Cristy."

By the end of her speech, I was crying. I understood her reasons,  I really did. But these are actual happy tears. My mom was finally strong enough to get that man away from us. She was strong enough to admit what she's done, and get help. I couldn't find any words to reply for that. Instead,  I grabbed her hand for her to stand up, and engulfed her in a warm, well-needed hug.

After a few minutes, I broke the silence and said, "I'll do it. I'll move to New Jersey for the time necessary. I'll do my part so that we can be a normal family again." I gave her another warm hug. "I love you, Mum."

"I love you, too, baby. Always." I retreated from the hug and walked over to Aunt Tanya.

"I can't thank you enough for what you're doing, Aunt Tanya." With that she wrapped her arms around me.

"We're family, Cristy. We're meant to help each other. For however long it takes, you'll be living with me. There's room for both of you," she said, placing a hand on my unnoticeable belly. I hugged her tighter at that.

"Thank you, so much." After a few seconds, my mom joined our hug. She pulled away not long after.

"When am I leaving?" I asked softly.

**