.3.

I am not having fun.

I've been here for about one and a half hours. The first hour or so, I did enjoy myself. Lincoln found me in the VIP section and he introduced me to some ranked wolves from other packs that came to FANG on a regular basis. Thanks to our metabolism, there was no need to caution werewolves of the effects of alcohol, so with about four shots of tequila that my brother and other pack members practically dared me to take, I was feeling great.

We were having fun, alternating dancing in the VIP lounge and dancing on the floor with the general population. My brother was close by, but he didn't hover when other male wolves would try to dance too cozy with me. They never got too frisky with me so I was glad about that. However, anxiety grabbed a hold of me practically every minute when I didn't see Julien. I was just about to mind link him when I finally saw him walk through the front door.

With Natasha.

A sharp intake of air did little to keep me calm as I watched Julien's eyes scour over the crowd of people looking for me. When his eyes met mine, I could see the pain in his gray orbs. His lips was curled into a frown just before he mouthed, "I'm sorry."

'For what?' I mind linked him. I knew that he had told me that he wasn't going to break up with her until sometime after my party. I knew he thought he was doing the right thing so as to not ruin my night, but seeing his hand entwined with hers when they walked in was ruining my night as well.

'I tried to get her to go ahead with the others so that I could meet everyone here, but she practically sat on my bed as I was getting ready. She's mad that I told her that I'm not going to mark her though.' That was to be expected. Natasha was notorious about her temper tantrums when she didn't get her way. I swear she has some really good qualities, but today they were dimmed by her negative ones.

The two approached the dance floor and stood in front of my brother. As soon as they stopped, Julien gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek, one that lingered longer than it probably should have, and whispered happy birthday in my ear. I reluctantly played along and simply smiled and said thank you. Julien turned and did the man code hug with Lincoln for the first time in the four months that he's been away.

I, however stood by awkwardly, while being ignored and glared at by my best friend. I tried smiling at her, but Natasha seemed to think the dark floor was more interesting than starting a conversation with me. My heart hurt that she was still mad at me. This was actually the longest we've gone without talking and it's really depressing.

I miss my best friend.

I also want to forcibly pry her freaking hands off of my mate, and break her nose in such a way that it shatters into tiny pieces and gets shoved into her brain. My wolf is ready to finish what we started, and with the electricity that I felt when Julien touched me, I can't blame her either.

Now, while I'm sitting back up in the shadows of the VIP lounge, I can feel my wolf stirring with agitation. We, my wolf and I, were picking up challenging vibes from Natasha. I had noticed that even while I was up here, Julien would try to direct them to an area that was in my blind spot. He was definitely feeling uncomfortable dancing with Natasha, trying to make it seem like everything was fine between them.

Yet no matter how much steering away he would do, she would always find a way to bring him back into my line of sight. I had hoped that it was just my imagination, but the more times it happened, the more I was convinced. Natasha knew about us.

She must of smelled my scent on him or his clothes, something that hinted that we did more than talk. Julien had mentioned that she wouldn't leave him alone while he was getting ready. That had to be it.