18

Summary: Underneath the covers the weight of the world is replaced by two hearts beating in tandem.

Disclaimer: I do not own these characters.

It's all over
And it's only beginning
We're beginning to finally see one another
We grow stronger
We grow stronger for breaking
We grow stronger for breaking apart together

The exact date was never known anymore. It was a guess based on the feel of the weather. With the windows open the mid-morning sun drew bright paths across the beige carpet. The light breeze was cooler than it had been a few weeks ago. The reign of summer would soon be over. Rick wasn't keen on the soon to be ushering in of autumn. A Georgia boy through and through, he wanted to enjoy the warmth a little longer. That enjoyment didn't have him leaving the house, however. Usually when he showed his face in the streets of Alexandria he had to contend with being pulled in multiple directions. Not today though. Today was just about him.

And her.

He looked over to the bed admiring the contrast of her dark skin wrapped in the white sheets that left nothing to the imagination. As if the mind could conjure up anything as delectable as what was live and in the flesh before him. Waking her wasn't going to be in his immediate plans, the luxury of sleeping in was foreign to the both of them, but he craved her touch. Sliding his naked body back into the bed, he wrapped himself around her. The roughness of his calloused hands making circles down her thigh and the feel of his lips on the back of her neck roused Michonne from her deep sleep. She immediately turned her body to face him.

"Why aren't you sleeping," she asked, "I thought that's why we sent the kids to spend the night and day with Daryl and Carol." Her eyes were still closed. She rested her head in the crook of his neck. Dreads were piled on top of her head in a messy bun. With every breath Rick inhaled the scent of her lavender shampoo.

"I felt lonely."

Michonne laughed. Her voice still a little rough from slumber. "Grimes you really woke me up because you were lonely?"

"Well I needed someone to play with."

Michonne opened one eye and looked up to see Rick smirking at her. "Didn't we play enough last night?"

"What can I say? I'm an insatiable man." He said matter-of-factly with a wink that caused Michonne to laugh again.

"Please never wink at me again. It makes you look like a shifty used car salesmen."

Rick shook his head in mock-hurt. "You sting me. You really sting me."

"Aw. I'm sorry, baby." Michonne slid out of his embrace and in one quick motion, straddled his waist. "What was it that you wanted to play? Gin rummy? Dungeons and dragons?"

Rick gripped her waist. Looking up at her he still couldn't fully comprehend she was his. He licked his lips as his eyes focused on her small but perfect breasts as his hands traveled further down to cup her ass. "How about I'll be the chauffeur and you'll be the rich heiress who needs to let off some steam."

"Or," Michonne moaned slightly as Rick's hands dipped lower, "I'll be Xena and you'll be Hercules."

He quickly changed their positions; tossing her onto her back. Feeling completely turned on by the way he took charge she laid there looking up at him waiting to be completely devoured. He hovered just above her. "Does that mean you get to play with my bow?"

Feeling spent, but relaxed Michonne laid horizontal with her head on Rick's stomach. Legs bent and crossed at the knee. Her whole body glistened from the sheen of sweat and the now afternoon sun pouring through the windows.