Chapter 9

Clarabella's POV 

I gasp for breath, eyes watering as I laugh. Klaus' is laughing as well, though I'm sure he's partly laughing at how hard I'm laughing. 

I snort and my eyes go wide and it goes silent for a few seconds before we both burst out laughing again. 

I trip and Niklaus catches me, holding me against his chest, "Careful love." he laughs. My laughter dies down slightly, a grin on my face as I look up at him. "You alright?"

"Yeaaaahh..." I say, finally able to breath now that I wasn't laughing like crazy. He helps me stand upright and I lean into his side. He responds by putting his arm around my shoulders.

As we keep walking I reach up, lacing my fingers through his, loosely holding the hand that was around my shoulders. I was so comfortable right now I didn't even think that much of it, just enjoying the spark of feeling that ran down my arm as I touched him.

Suddenly I'm knocked away from him by something hitting my shoulder and his arm shoots out, grabbing ahold of me yet again as I almost hit the ground. He rights me quickly and we turn to see the ground of guys that were walking by. The one who had ran into me scowled.

"Watch where you're walking." 

"You ran into me!" I exclaim angrily. He's about to respond but doesn't have a chance to because suddenly Klaus grabs the front of his shirt and slams him into the wall. My eyes go wide as I see the brick of the wall dent and crumble slightly around him. That was gonna leave some bruises...

"Apologize." Klaus growls.

Shaking, the guy turns his head to me, "I-I'm sorry." 

"Good. Now get on your knees and ask for forgiveness...or I'll tear out your liver." He lets go of the man who falls to his knees, staring up at me, a look of terror and pain on his face.

"Please forgive me..."

I nod, "Y-yeah of course." I look up at Niklaus in shock as he lifts the guy up by the shirt on her shoulder and looks into his eyes again, continuing to compel him,

"Now Leave."

The man stumbles away, hurrying towards his friends who were all staring in fright and surprise before they hurried away. I turn to Klaus, not knowing what to say.

"Come on love, I'll take you home." Klaus says gently, holding out a hand. I don't take it.

"Why did you do that?" 

"Did you not hear the way he was talking to you? Or the way he almost knocked you flat on your face?" He asks, bewildered.

"Of course I did, but you kind of over reacted!" I say, "You probably fractured a rib or something with how hard you slammed him into the wall!"

"I didn't do it that hard." he denies. I walk over to the wall and motion to the dent. He seems surprised to see it, "I...I didn't...."

It's weird to see that he's confused....did he not notice how extremely rough he was being? 

"You didn't even realize you were doing that did you?" I ask quietly.

"I didn't do it hard enough to do that. I didn't mean to anyway." he mutters. He sighs as he looks at me, "I couldn't help it I guess. He almost hurt you and..."

"Something snapped." I say, "I kind of noticed." 

He nodded, before putting on a smile, "Just forget it happened, it was nothing. Why don't we get a drink before I take you home?"