Chapter 3: Ur Complaining?

I stomped into my room and fell back onto my bed. I have a headache and thinking about him just makes it worse. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and started texting Jessica. She made fun of me for what happened and I just brushed the comments off. We talked about him and she made fun of me for it being him, but she also congratulated me for my timer going off.

Jess🤓: Why do you get the hot guy??!!

Me: Really? Ur complaining?

Jess🤓: No...

Me: Ur the lucky one. He is a complete jerk.

Jess🤓: You know that, how?

Me: Ya know... people.

Jess🤓: What kind of people?

Me: People at our school.

Jess🤓: What do they know?

Me: Why are you asking me?

Jess🤓: Because you supposedly know everything.

Me: Calm down Jess.

Jess🤓: I'm calm. But how do you know Ashton is a jerk?

Me: Because today wasn't the first time I've talked to him.

I pushed the power button on my phone and immediately got a stampede of messages from Jess. I didn't bother trying to answer. My head hurt enough. I shut my phone down and walked down the stairs gripping the handrail for my life. I grabbed my favorite "Cream Cheese and Chives" crackers out of the pantry and started eating them. Right as I was about to grab the last one, my brother, Casen snatched it.

"Hey! I was going to eat that!" I yelled at him.

"Too bad," he said with his mouth full.

I grunted annoyingly and threw the wrapper away.

I walked up the stairs and had a mini heart attack when I saw Ashton pacing in my room.

"Okay, I know we are supposedly soulmates or whatever, but can you like not stalk me?"

"I don't know how I got here. One minute I was playing X-Box then the next I was on the floor of your room."

"Crap" I whispered to myself. I remembered when my mom used to tell me stories about her Zero Day. She told me one story about how her parents didn't approve of my dad, so they tried to keep them separated. The problem with that was that when your clock hits 0:00, you and your soulmate become almost inseparable. That's why Ashton ended up in my room.

"You were sent -I guess - to my room because of this thing. It happens on your Zero Day and it doesn't let you stay away from your soulmate for a long period of time." I say.

"When does it stop?" He asked.

"I don't know. Maybe you should go home and we'll see if it happens again."

"Okay. I might see you later." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and awkwardly waved.

Why are boys such idiots that they think they are charming when really they just look plain creepy?

Hey guys!!!! I know that I haven't updated this book in a while but the new chapter is finally here!!!! I know it is kind of short but you get what you get. Thank you for reading this story and GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY!!!!

P.S. Don't hate me plz