Chapter 1

It had been a slow day in the palace.  Nothing being done except the Pharaoh scratching  ink onto papyrus scrolls. Until Mahad walks in, "My Pharaoh."
"Yes Mahad?" Atem places the writing utensil down, "What is it? You look troubled."
"My lord, the city guards have spotted an unknown vesicle sailing towards our shore."
"Is that so. Do you suppose it's a foreign trader?"
"From the looks of it sir, it could be a war ship."
"That big is it?" Atem stands and walks to Mahad, "Then I suppose we should give them a welcome. How far out might they be?" he asks walking down the hall to his chambers.
"They should be here before sun down, my Pharaoh."
"Excellent, tell the kitchen to prepare a feast to welcome these foreign guests, They will be rather hungry I assume from their long journey." he walks through his chamber to the private bath, "Tell the guards to be on look out, but these strangers are to be treated with respect."
"Yes my lord." Mahad bows, leaving the bath.

______________________

The figure is standing at the port bow of the ship. The smell of salt in the air and the musk of their crew has started to become sickening, "Cap'n." the figure turns to the crew member.
"We should be dockin' in Egypt before sun d'wn I'd say." the figure turns to the crew member.
"Thank you Rogue. I am honestly not looking forward to this stop."
"Why might tha' be cap'n?"
"The heat is insufferable." they say snidely.
"Werll, m'ght be a good plan 'ter maybe take off a layer, the rest o' t'e crew 'as."
"You know that is easier said than done. And besides--" they turn to look out at the grand city, "These people will only listen to grand authority." they walk down the steps to main deck, "Roll the sails! Slow our speed to show we mean no harm." you point to a couple of the members. "Gillian! Raise the white flag!" you yell up to the crows nest.
"Aye Captin." he says reaching for the cloth.
"Rogue, I trust you can handle the rest?"
"Yes Cap'n." he salutes and the figure nods.
"Be well then. I shall be in my quarters till we are about to dock."

______________________

"My Pharaoh!" a guard says, running into his chambers.
"What is it?" he asks, idly fidgeting with the large puzzle around his neck.
"The oncoming ship had raised a white rag."
"Excellent, that mean they shan't mean harm. Ready the litter, they shall be here soon."
"Yes sir." the soldier runs back out of the chambers. Atem snaps his fingers and 3 men come out.
"I must be dressed." he smiles to them, "I hate to ask of you, but please do it with Ra's speed."
"Yes our Pharaoh!" the three say simultaneously.

It had been nothing but 2 hours and the sun was just beginning to touch the horizon when the large long boat pulled into port. Atem steps down from litter as the first crew mate steps off the long boat, "Welcome to Egypt travelers!" he greets with a loud booming voice and a large hand gesture. "I am the Pharaoh of these lands. And I humbly welcome you to them." he lowers his hands stepping forward more, "Whom here is the leader?"
"That--" the figure steps off the long boat, boots making loud noises against the stone port, "--would be I. Captain Morgan of the Siren, my ship." they step forward to be closer to the Pharaoh, "I ask for safe trading with my crew, for we are weary from long travel." she gestures to a second long boat coming to port.
"I grant this peace, and tonight, I have arranged a feast for your arrival!"
"I thank you kindly, Dear Pharaoh. And as my men drink and eat merrily I shall tell stories of our travels across the sea." they smile under their hat.
"I have but one request though." the Pharaoh states.
"For your hospitality, whatever you wish." the figure say politely.
"Please raise your hat, I cannot see your eyes and it makes me wary."
"Forgive me sir." the figure pulls the brim on their hat so only the Pharaoh can see their eyes, "Satisfied?" the Pharaoh looks slightly taken aback, but resumes his composer in no time.
"Yes, and I shall tell others you are safe to wear that hat." he nods, "Now, let us go! To my Palace!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night had gone on smoothly, they ate roasted meat and fresh fruits, exotic vegetables with warm bread. Drank a bitter wine, and just as the meal was half way through the dancers come out.

"I have no idea of you and your men, but I hope you enjoy my dancers, they some of the finest in the land." the Pharaoh says to Morgan, who was sat near him.
"I thank you, kind Pharaoh." the captain relaxes in their seat and slowly sips wine, watching their men oogly the dancers. They themselves having no interest, but a dancer comes up to them any way and bats her eyes. Wrapping the scarf around them and twirling it elaborately, the captain still appeared bored.
"Are these dancers not to your liking? Or perhaps you have a lover waiting for you in your home land?" Atem asks, setting his wine down and dismissing the dancer.
"Neither my good sir, I am actually rather tired. I think I may retire early." the captain stands, "I shall see you and your merchants in the morning."
"I insist you use one of the palaces chambers-" Atem stands but he's cut off.
"Save it for my men who pass out or have indulged to the point of sickness." they say turning from the Pharaoh, "Have a good eve-" just then they trip on something, pushing themselves up they look back to see a scarf laying on the floor.
"I-I am so sorry sir-!" one of the dancers come over, yet is shocked to see what everyone else does once the hat falls off, "You're a miss!" the dancer steps back. The whole place starts to murmur and she looks to see her hat has fallen.
"SILENCE!" she hears Atem yell and the crowd hushes. He walks over and stares down at the captain, "I had a feeling when I first saw you. Your eyes were too soft to be that of a man. State your true name." the Pharaoh says, several guards behind him.
"Jig's up I guess." you chuckle, pushing off the floor more into a sitting position, "My name is (First name) (Last name). I am indeed the Captain of the Siren, but what I didn't tell you is why I called her the Siren." she smirks cynically.
"And why is that?" Atem asks, stepping forward more.
"I bring men at sea to their deaths, either sinking their ships so they drown, or slitting their throats and throwing them over to be bait for the sharks." she chuckles and the guards point their blades her way, "Your men needn't worry, I'm unarmed, no weapons to be found. You may even search me yourself."
"I have no desire to do that."
"Then have your magician do it." she chides, "Unless he also, is afraid." she stands, spreading her arms out, "Or is every man suddenly afraid to touch me now that I am a known woman?"
"If it is what you wish, I will search her my lord." Mahad says.
"No. She has challenged my courage, so I will do it."
"As you wish sir." Mahad raises a hand and the men stop pointing their swords.
"He isn't a spineless coward after all."
"I'd hold your tongue before my men lose temper." Atem says as he steps forward.
"Ah yes, seeing as my men are all drunk. No one would be there to defend me." she jokes.
"Enough trickery." Atem says, kneeling, checking her boots.
"My lord! You shouldn't kneel before a barbarian!" a priest says.
"Kaiba I will do what I need to ensure safety." Atem snaps, working up to her knee, then checking the other side, he stands and checks her out stretched arms, "I have found nothing on your person, as you've said."
"Are you sure? You went no higher than my knee and never touched my body." she counters, lowering her arms, "I could be hiding a dagger in my bosom for all you know." The guards lift their swords again."
"Then I trust you are not lying and believe you are still weapon free."
"And if I'm not?"
"I hope I am the first you slay." he states boldly.
"Ah, brave man. Well, I shall be heading to my ship for the night-"
"Not so fast." the Pharaoh says grabbing her wrist and pulling her back. At this point her men drunkenly stand, but she glares at them.
"Sit down you fools." they obey, "Now, what is it you want Pharaoh? A bed mate for the evening? Me to be locked away till morning for safety?" she smirks and bats her eyes. The Pharaoh has been blushing since she mention a bed mate... she could work with that, "Well? What should it be Pharaoh?" she purrs, putting on her best brothel girl voice.
"Stop attempting to seduce the Pharaoh." Mahad steps forward, placing his hand on the Pharaoh's shoulder, "You are free to go. Please leave palace grounds."
"Easy enough." She snatches her wrist away and bends over to grab her hat, putting it on and fixing the brim she walks out, "Appealing to the sexes is a dastardly trick." she looks back at him, a glint in her eye, "It's what Siren's do best." she disappears into the shadows.

The Pharaoh looks on, 'what a deceitful women' . He looks back at his trusted friend Mahad and is about to speak before Kaiba speaks, "Sir, should we follow her?"
"No, I wish to give her the benefit. If she is being truthful, there should be no further commotion this evening... I'm going to my chambers." he walks out through the dead silent crowd.