Bid the Farewell

Situations play us. Destiny supports it. The end product- a) We become experienced b) Losers by definition.

A funny man does not live life to normal standards. The secret is out. “He isn’t normal, so he is funny”.

What is fun? Ask a writer, stand-up artist or people in the zoo.

A mind is accessible from any point to where you are standing. Your mind would be the first to show surprise and excitement at the discovery.

You start asking yourself that if it has found something- a funny character, situation or story, then it must have known it from the beginning.

You must have played a part at some point in your life. The gradual development of a funny episode does not happen without your mind being at the center of it.

The mind keeps on finding outside connection with the things considered to be essential for the evolution and takes you to places or people which can help to accomplish the task.

A copywriter has been assigned a new project to make promotional ad campaign for a major coffee brand.

He is competent, experienced and crazy to take-up the challenge.

Everybody in the office is excited about it.

You learn with time that creativity is nobody’s bitch. It was his turn this time around.

The situation is peculiar. He is thinking of challenging his own style of working and how ideas are being generated.

Is it the right time to take a risk?

Do you want to see/meet God?

An eerie objection! This ‘bracket of questions’ belittles the quality or credibility of decisions taken.

He understands that it is a copywriter’s job to pick the best lines and narrate a story, without failing to hit the commercial message.

He is an ardent supporter of human spirit, where everyday people when given the right opportunity to express, can come-up with some of the most fascinating tales.

He leaves the office just carrying a voice-recorder in hands. This is it.

The search begins.

The question to be asked- What do people have to say when asked about coffee or anything relating to it.

“The café is next to the building where I work. This is my favorite brand. I often run to buy coffee when I can simply walk”, the first guy said.

He concluded, “I can walk. The reason I run is to tell myself, and at times other people around me, that there are certain things worth being crazy. Coffee breathes loud in my life.

He walked away, never bothered to take credit for ideas shared.

I recorded the whole conversation. The key notes- worth being crazy.

The next destination. A lively coffee house. The crowd is oozing with confidence. More artists, less people!

I approached the guy on counter. He was quick to respond. He started sharing his experience and things he like about being here.

Point one: I haven’t seen anyone drinking coffee alone. I’m serious. People walking in through that door, first look at the table, order a cup of coffee and start waiting for someone or start reading a book. You see, they are never alone. Never one in company!

Point Two: A horrible thing to be alone in the café and waiting for others. It really starts looking as if i am in the business of making money.

The key notes: Never one in company.

I was ready to take the challenge by now.

The next couple of participants were sharp, classic and witty.

Buoyed by the reaction, I decided to take some time off.

(Whether I’d be able to match the sharp reaction of others whom I have met and shared the joy of listening, I was completely soaked by the energy of it.

I' among the best copywriters that I’ve seen in all my life.

There is always a tendency or utter desperation to do better than the original thought.

The innocence loses itself like a love-story where a girl falls in love for love and you because she is in love.