The New One

I moved to Korea because of my mother's job and my father stayed at America because he didn't think that it was worth to change his job because of us.

My name is Lee Joe and I have a mixed blood, I don't mind that but it was a reason why I always was different. Ether popular or ended up as a loner. I know. I experienced different positions yet I always wished to be average.

Why? I don't like the attention focused on me, people clinging on me ether for fame or to feel more superior.

But what I learned was that I can not run away from my fate. Even at the day when I transferred I dyed my hair dark to fit in the crowd but I assume that didn't help since few of my mother's friends mentioned the aura I have.

I stood in front of the class as a new student who joined them in the middle of the year. Mostly new students came at the beginning of the year or after first semester and here I was in the middle of it and had more than a half yet less than a year left to get to know and fit in with students.

Everyone were chattering and probably trying to decide how to accept me and to what should they turn me into but I didn't care of them.

My eyes landed on the blonde head. It was obviously dyed and definitely eye-catching so I had no excuse why I stared at the guy first. My eyes landed down to see the face and I got a bit surprised as I saw his eyes pierced straight into mine. I didn't look away and stared as well while the teacher introduced me in front of the class.

"Do you have anything you want to add, Lee Joe?" The female teacher spoke with a friendly smile but I barely heard her as I felt weird connection with the other guy. That guy who had surprisingly fierce orbs focused on me, but was it weird that I found them madly familiar?

"Yes" My brain managed to load the information of what happened around me while the other part of my head was occupied with meaningless thoughts "I would prefer everyone to call me Joe for short, it is nice to meet you" I bowed and stepped towards the seat the teacher pointed to. It was besides the window and behind the challenging student.

Somehow I didn't mind. This year seemed to be interesting. I'm Lee Joe soon to be seventeen meanwhile my all classmates were eighteen or about to turn. I know. The principal was concerned about it and told me but it just seemed that I started school year earlier that is it. As long no one asks. No one will get to know.

The bell of school appeared to be similar to the one in America. I just fixed my fake glasses. Damn it I almost forgot I wore them.

Few girls with school uniforms approached me and chatted me up with silly questions that I found unnecessary to answer so I just smiled slightly and looked out of the window. That was too much of attention. I hate to attract the attention so soon it makes the other guys glare at me and that is troublesome.

Even now the light haired guy had those eyes focused on me, the kind that I can already imagine showing up in my nightmares.

That boy caught my attention the most and made my eyes follow him out. The way his hands were hidden in his pockets of black student uniform pants and the uniform jacket looked like some damn cape behind him.

"Who is he?" I turned my head slightly at the girls meanwhile my eyes followed the classmate out until he turned in the hall and disappeared.

"He? You shouldn't talk with him if he looks in bad mood, he is violent guy" short and quite chubby girl spoke, my eyes then landed at her since her words sounded sincere and worth my time. "once a girl approached him when he seemed to be gloomy. He knocked her down on the floor immediately and left like it was nothing... it was scary to see"