Only Hope

So this is my essay for English I did, also with the help of Gemini aka GeminiHaddock of course,  and I actually never noticed it, but on the essay that I actually did in my drafts, she wrote a note for me to actually post it here and show it to the world, so I am going to do it. Enjoy!

This is a story on how I lost my best friend. This is a story full of twist and turns and be worn, this story is capable of giving cold lonesome chills that run from the tip of your toes, up to your brain, shaking your very soul. My name is Veronica Rosary, and I shall now share with you, this troubled tale...

I speed walked my way through the pale and worn corridors of my school, practically gliding down the halls towards my destination, striving to avoid a number of people, most of the school to be truthful. From the day I had to move from my old town, Motherwell, and started living in Glasgow, my life changed drastically.

My mum and dad had problems with their relationship and ended their love for each other. After that incident my younger sister soon turned away from me, prompting to spend most of her tune with her friends that spend their time fooling around and not focusing on life. I must say though, that the worst part about the situation--of moving away--was leaving my friend behind.

What am I saying? She was a best friend. A sister. A person I truly and grandly cared about. A girl name Melody Brewer.

Ear buds stuffed in, music blasted loudly in my ears as I listened to "The Captain" while stalking down the halls. I walked past a few teens my age, not at all surprised why they come to school so early. Constantly chatting with their friends isn't enough for them. Some pupils could frequently be heard chatting about nonsense or putting their stuff into their silver-colored lockers that stand simply lining the walls of the corridors of the school. Most if not all were small, never had enough space to keep everything the students needed. They could be seen at many times pushing their stuff into the lockers, just to fit them in.

I kept my head low, glancing down my chest to my feet as I sped threw the corridor, past the school office, avoiding as much eye contact as possible with any person that I passed.

I was stuck deep within my own thoughts, as usual, thinking things such as: What am I going to read today? Did I forget something at home? Will I embarrass myself again today?

My shoes knocked against the cold cement floors, knock clack knock clack, seeming to get louder and louder, echoing in my thoughts and blurring my mind.

A minute, maybe two, and I had arrived at my destination: the schools public library. The library, the most peaceful place in the entire school. Popping my ear buds out of my ears, hearing the music blast softly against my neck where I set them to rest, not even bothering to turn off the music, I enter the library.

Pushing the double wood-lined glass doors, hearing it creek slightly along with the soft tunes of my music, I gently stepped in. My sneakers padded softly against the carpet floor of the library, a strawberry scent entered my nose right after stepping through the door way. It was a sweet scent, adding to the warm vibes that the library naturally gave.

I passed by the librarians desk, greeting the elderly lady with a warm and gentle smile, quickly heading towards the grand windows with navy couches in the far end of the library.

I dropped my black backpack by the couch closes to me, taking off my long brown coat and placing it on the coffee table near the couch.

Taking a bobble out of my faded jean's back pocket, I placed my golden brown hair into a high ponytail. Moving my bangs away from my grey-blue eyes, I proceeded to look through my bag, searching for a specific book.