Baby Time!

Eight months later, Kyle and I found out that we were having twins....a boy and a girl! We went shopping for the babies and prepared their room. We threw a baby shower for them, just our families came. It was amazing. I talked to Horatio prior to my 6th month of pregnancy about maternity leave for me and paternity leave for Kyle and he approved of eight weeks for both of us. My mother, Julia, Kyle, and I talked about the birth plan, I was going to have a natural hospital birth with essential oils for that.

Ten weeks later, I went into labor. Kyle and I drove to the hospital, grandparents notified, car seats in the backseat, and hospital bag in tow. An hour later, we were in the hospital room. I labored for six more hours. The babies, thankfully, were positioned properly for birth. Two minutes later, it was time for the babies to be born. Kyle, my parents, Horatio, and Julia encouraged me and comforted me through those moments. Three hours later, both babies were born! They each weighed 6 lbs., 7 ounces and were perfectly healthy. I was fine. We all were content and thankful for Ryan Drew and Calleigh Grace. The three of us stayed in the hospital then discharged three days later. Eight weeks later, Kyle and I had to go back to work, but Julia watched the babies for us.