Perseverance!

After another day in the hospital, I was discharged. I had to be in a wheelchair for two weeks because the bullet actually went through a tendon and embedded in the muscle, therefore I had to have emergency surgery from what I've heard. However, despite that, I kept working on the case and interrogated the shooter. From what Horatio, Kyle, and I found out that the shooter's, thankfully not related to Jonathan or the Delphi's, name was Greg Lake...he went to Kyle's former high school, Miami Dade High, and found out his motive, the building where the shootings took place was an abandoned house near the Everglades, where teens would throw parties...Greg lived close to that house and he hated the noise so much that he decided to go and shoot. I rolled my eyes and said, "You could've went over there and kindly asked them to take the party elsewhere...or you could've ignored them." Greg and I argued about it until I yelled, "Shut up!" I looked at the officers in the room and told them to lock him up and they did. Greg would be in jail not only for murder, but assaulting an officer.

After all of that, Kyle and I took a quick lunch break. "Kyle...I need to tell you something important." I said, smiling. He smiled back, held my hand and replied, "What is it?" "You are my physical source of strength. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you." I said. He wiped happy tears from his eyes and told me that he loved me too. He got up and, well, we had our first kiss! Then, he wheeled me back to the Department and we got back to work. A week later, I was in physical therapy, getting strength back in my leg. It was painful, but Kyle was there with me and I got through it and continued for two more weeks until the strength was back. I finally worked back with Calleigh, Horatio, and Kyle.