Chapter 6

Lord Galloway's POV

"That was interesting to watch." Galloway watched as the men entered through the secret door. The large portrait was strategically placed in the area with least light. The rings on his great grand father's hand in the portrait served as spying holes. He was still stunned that the men knew of the secret room. Even he didn't know that it existed before they told him of it's presence.

"I have done everything you wanted me to do, where is my daughter?" Galloway hated the thought of his innocent daughter suffering because of his stupidity.

"Don't get excited Galloway, we still have much to discuss." The leader of all the scoundrels smiled at him. The man had a scar running from his left eye brow to his right chin. His smile stretched the skin of his shiny scar, making him look like some beast from a children's book. He made Galloway uncomfortable.

"You promised that you would let my daughter go. I will do anything you want, just leave my daughter alone." Galloway wanted to know that his daughter was safe. He had kept his daughter away from all his unsavoury dealings to keep her safe. If only he had let her accept the Baron's offer, she would have been safe.

"I think I will keep her. She fought so hard when I took her virginity, reminded me of the good old times when women had the power to fight you. I think it's such a turn on for ...." before he could say anything else, Galloway screamed before attacking the man. Before he could get near, the other's took hold of his arms and stopped him.

"You bastard! You stay away from my girl. I will have your head for this. You don't know ....." Before Galloway could continue, the man punched him so hard that he saw stars.

"Don't tell me what I know and what I don't know. You were the one who acted rashly. You didn't know the consequences of your actions. You are the fool here my Lord, not I." The man gave another one of his smiles that never reached his eyes. Galloway shuddered at the image before him. He was unnerved.

"But she is my daughter." Galloway repeated himself. He knew he could do nothing but plead.

"The Scottish beauty you offered was also someone's daughter. Her father is creating a lot of problems for my superior." Galloway felt bile in his mouth. One stupid mistake was turning his life upside down. The girl was supposed to be a peace offering that would help him get his hands on some money. He was hoping for a reward, something to pay his debts off. Instead he was being punished in the worst way possible.

"I can talk to the man, I will find a solution. There won't be a problem. Just give me another chance." Galloway begged desperately. He would do anything at this point.

"So you can make some more mistakes? I don't think so." Galloway saw the shiny blade of a knife in the man's knife and knew that it was all over before he was even stabbed. As he waited for death to take him, he thought of his beautiful baby girl. He prayed that his daughter went to an early grave. Death was a better option then the life she would have from now on.

***************************

Unknown POV:

Stupid man, he just kept on waiting for death instead of fighting.

At least now he had Brandon. He had been waiting a long time for this opportunity. He remembered the first time he ever laid eyes on Brandon, he had been six or seven. The boy was so intelligent, so beautiful. He saw the way his father looked at him, as if he wished that he had Brandon instead of him.

Little Brady was such a darling, everyone wanted a son like him. The perfect little boy who could do nothing wrong. The poor little boy who's mother died. At first he wanted to be friends with the boy. They had sharp minds, maybe they could be friends. Later he realised that they were better off as enemies. Being friends with a smart person could get boring. At least as enemies they could match their wits against each other. He played tricks on Brady just so The boy would retaliate or catch him. It made things interesting in his life. Like all good things that must come to an end, he too had to stop his torture. Things got out of hand one day and his father banished him from the mansion. His father choose the bastard's side.

Later he started earning money by manipulating people. His father's position offered him the opportunities to meet some very influential people and mold them according to his needs. Now he had the power to make Brady's life hell and he would enjoy doing it.