Chapter 1~

As I stepped into my new school, I noticed this group of girls looking at me and I got really nervous.

I seen them walking up to me,

"Hi, I'm Elena; this is Bonnie and Caroline." said the brunette with brown eyes.

"Hey, I'm Makayla Saltzman. My uncle is Alaric Saltzman." I replied with a smile.

"Seriously, I didn't know he had a niece or that he had a sibling." Caroline replied curiously.

"Yeah he does, just don't talk as much..but it would be nice to see my uncle again.."

"Well, you might have history class with him so you might see him." said Bonnie.

I smiled and said "Thank you, I got to get to class, bye."

I walk to history and find a seat, as I sit down I notice this guy staring at me once I walked in.

"Hey, I'm Tyler Lockwood. What's your name?" Tyler asked.

"I'm Makayla Saltzman."

"As i-" I cut him off.

"Yes, as in Alaric Saltzman, I'm his niece."

"Really, that's cool." Tyler replied.

"Yeah, I guess."

"You okay?" Tyler asked.

"Sorry, it's just that I didn't want to move here and I feel so out of place," I replied to Tyler which suddenly made me nervous.

"Trust me around here, you're probably the most normal one here." He said chuckling.

"I doubt that," I said with a smile on my face, just after I said that Elena, Bonnie and a guy walked in.

"Hey, you're in our history class with us!" Elena exclaimed.

"Yeah, glad I have friends in this class, who is that?" I said pointing to the guy with dark brown hair and forest green eyes beside Elena.

"Oh, that's my boyfriend Stefan Salvatore." Elena said with a big smile on her face.

"You guys look cute together."

"Thank you, hey do you want to come to the grill with the gang after school?" Elena asked.

"I would love to, it would be great to get to know my new friends." I replied with a smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Makayla, are you ready?" Bonnie asked me.

"Yeah, I can meet you there i have a truck. I have to talk Alaric before I leave." I said while putting my books in my bag.

"Okay, we will all meet you there."

I smiled at her while walking to my uncle's classroom; once I'm there i start to clamp up and really nervous.

I cleared my throat, "Hey, Alaric?"

"Makayla?! What are you doing here?" Alaric said while pulling me in for a hug.

"Long story, but I will tell you after I am done hanging with the gang at the grill. Can I come by your place?" I told him.

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later Makayla." He said while hugging me.

I smiled while walking out. I hope he understands when I tell him.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"So, Makayla why did you moved to Mystic Falls?" Stefan asked curiously.

"I moved becau---" I wanted to tell them but I couldn't; my eyes were watering and I was chocking up.

"I'm sorry I need some air." I said getting up.

I ran out to get some air and relax for a minute. I want to tell them why I moved here but I couldn't tell them.

I heard someone walking towards me and it was Matt Donovan, one of my new best friends.

"You alright, Makayla?" He asked concerned.

"Ummm, yeah. It's just that the reason why I moved here I don't like to tell." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously.

"Look if you need to tell someone, tell someone you really trust...like your uncle Alaric. I'm pretty sure he will understand."

"Well I'm meeting with him after I'm done here." I said more confidently.

We walked back into the grill, and sat down with the gang.

"Sorry, guys it's just I don't like to tell my story to just anyone I just met. But I will eventually." I told everyone.

"It's alright, when you're ready you can tell us." Stefan said to me with a smile.

"I'm sorry but I have to go meet Alaric to talk to him, but thank you for the drink Bonnie." I said getting up and leaving to go to Alaric's place.

"It's alright and your welcome Makayla. See you tomorrow."

I smiled at everyone and go into my truck to go to Alaric's place.

A/n- Elena stayed with Stefan after she found out in this story.