Statistics and Effects-Bullying(at schools)

These are statistics about bullying at schools and it's effects. This is the type of bullying everyone is pretty much aware of but not everyone is aware of how severe it is and these statistics show it.

======================================================

1 out of 4 teens are bullied.

As many as 160,000 students stay home on any given day because they're afraid of being bullied.

80% of the time, an argument with a bully will end up in a physical fight.

Every 7 minutes, a child is bullied.

Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.

1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time. (This is one of the reasons why we all need to stand up for the innocent kids being bullied. Only 4% of teachers will intervene. Who will make up for the other 96%? Us.)

71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.

90% of 4-8 graders report being victims of bullying.

1 out of 10 students drop out of school because of repeated bullying.

Harassment and bullying have been linked to 75% of school-shooting incidents.

Physical bullying increases in elementary school, peaks in middle school and declines in high school.  Verbal abuse, on the other hand, remains constant.

Bullying statistics say that revenge is the strongest motivation for school shootings.

American schools harbor approximately 2.1 million bullies and 2.7 million of their victims.   (I just want to say something right here. It says 2.7 million of their victims, meaning, that number is only part of how many victims there actually were, as in, some are not even in schools, whether they dropped out or committed suicide or some other reason)

87% of students said shootings are motivated by a desire to “get back at those who have hurt them.”

86% of students said, “other kids picking on them, making fun of them or bullying them” causes teenagers to turn to lethal violence in the schools.