Chapter 21 : Burn

***

***

Lisa was on the bed. Everything around her smelled like medicine and disinfectant. She had a plastic mask on. Her eyes frantically looked around. She was confused : she didn't know where she was. So she tried getting up, or even just sitting, but some painful tubes on her wrists blocked her brutal movement. 

She looked around her, slowly. At her right, there was an old lady. That somehow relaxed her. So she went back under the cozy blankets of the bed. It wasn't hard for Lisa to notice that she was in a hospital. She had probably blacked out after breathing too much smoke. But still, the situation was fishy. She neatly remembered getting out of the fire.

As a matter of fact, Lisa had gotten out of the fire zone. Vernon had took with him the fragile Rosé, and Lisa's job was to help Jisoo out, and that's what she had done. They held hands, an exciting feeling making their heart beat in unison, towards the exit of the park, crowded with people panicking. Jennie was at the exit, and had already called the emergencies. Cops, firefighters and the ambulance were already at the entrance. The ambulance had already took Roseanne, terrorized by her looks : terribly pale skin, in a state of malnutrition, red eyes, short breath. Luciel was calmly conversing with the police officers and Vernon was helping out with Rosé, probably going with her at the hospital. 

As Lisa let Jisoo's hand, she ran towards Luciel and tightly back-hugged him. His body got all tense at her contact, but her enthusiasm for what had happened was nothing she could be blamed for. Lisa admitted she would've liked to receive a little bit of recognition for helping Jisoo out of the fire, but never mind that. At least she was alive. 
Lisa sighted. It was all done. What would happen now with all of them ? Would it be like usual ? But she would get to see Rosé more often. And more importantly, she shared a great memory with all of those people. She would've never forgotten what happened, and they would never lose the memory either.

Something didn't feel right. Lisa thought she would've felt somehow like a hero. But she didn't feel like that. She was on the path of feeling that way, but even if she was out of breath, tired, and satisfied with her friends being safe... Something was off. A pulse of fire burned her lungs. Her legs propelled her body into the park. The sky was grey, the air smelled like fire. But still, Lisa felt the urge to go back into the garden's. It wasn't like she had left something that important into the place. The flowers, plants, trees, were all intact ; just the Guardian's house was on fire. And that's were Lalisa went.

"Miss Manoban." Someone shook her arm lightly. "Miss Manoban. You have visitors."

Lisa opened her eyes, and saw a nurse smiling at her. She awkwardly smiled back. "Huh, why---" she immediately shut her mouth and brought her hands to her throat. It hurt so badly, she couldn't move it. She could perfectly talk, but she didn't want to move, even of an inch, her neck. 

"What the heck is happening to her ?" asked a man's voice, Lisa's dad. She could hear her mom crying.

"I think the doctors need to see her again. I'm sorry to tell you that you can't visit her right now..."