CHAPTER ONE: A MURDER!!

TUESDAY 7th

16:00 HRS

It should have been a normal day, like any other Tuesday, I should have come from school and picked up little Rose from her home and taken her to the park to play, but unfortunately it wouldnt be a normal day like any other, this would be a day that I would never forget;

I was always the sweet heart of my neighborhood, Gaborone was a big place but in my neighborhood people seemed to admire me for some reason, and if anyone wanted a job done-it was usually little old me to do it for them so in other words my popularity was a blessing and a curse. At school all the teachers seemed to adore me for my dedication to academics and my well groomed behavior and good looks, and this of course made some of my fellow students to despise me, but my best friend Frankie always stuck by me. The two of us shared a passion-we both loved solving mysteries but it wasnt everyday a good mystery showed up, so we chose something else to bond over and that was fashion.

After school we both went over to the Browns residence, it was something that we did every Tuesday. On Tuesdays Mr. Browns would still be at work and we knew this because he was one of our teachers at Evershines high, and his wife-the lovely Mrs. Browns would go to the spa for a nice weekly massage.

I knocked the door so she would let us in but there was no answer, there were people inside, we were both sure of this because we could hear them talking.

HELLO? I shouted so that they could hear me, but there was no answer.

Maybe we should let our selves in Frankie said to me, I knew that that would be rude so I tried to stop her, but it wasnt a question, she immediately opened the door and went inside the house, as usual I was forced to follow her in.

Hello? Hellodumelang mo lapeng? this was a Setswana greeting we used to greet residents of a place and to check if anyone was home.

There was a throb of heavy silence for a brief moment until we heard a loud scream-it was Mrs. Brown in her room, we were both too scared to check on her;

NO! PLEASE STOP IT DONT DO IT ROSE! she shouted at the top of her voice-something was up, me and Frankie knew it, but what was up is what we didnt know exactly. Then the creaming and shouting stopped, silence took over for a while and we held each other tightly so if anything were to happen to us, wed be together. We both stood their in wait to see what was next, that is until we both noticed something strange; a red liquid as thick as blood was oozing out from the other side of the door on the small gap between the door and the floor, at first we both tried to ignore it but then we realized that it was blood.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I screamed like a teenage girl, we were both freaking out and had no idea what to do. Our deepest fear was that we would be next-rose would probably murder us like she did to poor Mrs. Browns.

WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO MAN!? SHE MURDERED HER! SHE MURDERED MRS. BROWNS!-I ALWAYS KNEW THAT THAT GIRL WASNT RIGHT! Frankie screamed in my face but I was also in distress.

FRANKIE! THAT GIRL IS SICK! SHE MURDERED HER OWN MOM! WHY WOULD SHE MURDER HER OWN MOM? I screamed back in panic.

I DONT KNOW MAN! BUT WERE PROBABLY NEXT! I DONT WANNA DIE, I STILL HAVENT MARRIED DLM YET! Frankie was obsessed with DLM, he was a teen heartthrob and everyone loved him not only for his amazing voice and acting but also for his good looks, he was the number one celebrity in all of Botswana and the world (The whole universe really!). Then we both heard footsteps-she was coming, maybe our noise had caught her attention and she was coming to slaughter us like pigs in a meat locker. She opened the door and she came out of her mothers room, she was red handed-literally-because we could see the blood on her hands.

Hi! Kris and Frankie she greeted us with a wide, creepy and disturbing smile, or was it a smirk? I couldnt tell...is it like the same thing?

Ahh! Kris, Remind me never to get on her bad side Frankie said to me in complete terror.

Well!? Take me to the park! she demanded in a bratty way.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! We did not waste a single second when we ran for our lives.

Well if youre gonna play tag, at least tell me! she said in a clueless way and ran after us, was this a test, some mind game she was playing with us?, was she trying to drive us to complete madness?...only time would tell! (ooh!,ominous,I am a great narrator)