Chapter 1

My name is Isabelle.

Isabelle White

I live in a world where natural powers are inherited, at the age of three you begin a test to find out what your given natural power is, at the age of six you continue that test and start training your mind and body for receiving the power. At the age of nine you find and receive your power. At twelve years old you are trained only in the field of your power, harnessing it is done when all training is complete which is around 14 years of age.

I am twelve and today is my first day training in the field of lightning.

.-...........................................-.

"Now point and aim at the target, release!" My instructor kept making sure I hit the target exactly in the center but every time I aimed I'd overdose on my lightning and leave a giant black hole still ablaze.

"No no no, you're all wrong! Aim and release only a little bit of power, concentrate on the amount you want to give off!"

I tried again, this time I closed my eyes and began to harness my lightning feeling it radiate around my arms and hands, I aimed with my eyes still closed.

"Boom baby."

The lightning went straight through the center.

"Very nice Isabelle!" My instructor clapped and led me to a different room, a hologram room.

"Here you will experience what it's like to fight with other teens your age but with different powers." My instructor looked a little worried.

"So I'm going to be fighting them?"

I asked.

"Sweetheart, you're being trained to help our society. People are trying to use their powers as weapons of destruction, we must stop them!" My instructor looked at me with frightened eyes.

I cast my eyes to the floor, this didn't feel right.

^*^*^*^*^^^^^*^^^*^^^^^^^^***

I stepped onto the platform that rose up to another room. The hologram room lights dimmed and one by one, four other kids appeared. "Lola Williams, power fire." Lola was a tall and muscular framed girl with tan skin and burning brown eyes. A smirk was plastered on her face, she looked menacing and deadly I'd have to watch my back. "Ronan Simpson, power air."

Ronan's hair was tousled perfectly and blowing in the wind, his pale blue eyes were beautiful. His face showed no recognizable emotion, it was plain.

"Alexandria Rodgers, power earth."

Alex was a deep tanned girl with green eyes that were rimmed with golden brown flecks. She looked pretty sane so I didn't label her as deadly. "Austin fleck, power water" Austin was breathtaking, piercing blue eyes, golden tan and an amazing smile. I was definitely drooling over this guy. After the speaker finished explains the rules down to the smallest detail she counted down from five.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Fight!"

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks for reading...^^