The 90th Hunger Games

The 3rd Quarter Quell has arrived. The rebellion didn't succeed, snow's army was to strong and powerful. Katniss and Peeta were returned to being the country's sweethearts. Every move they made was broadcasted. They were married and had three beautiful children. Two girls and a boy were the stars of their lives. Life was great for Katniss and Peeta, they were never harmed by the capitol... until the quarter quell reaping.

Chapter 1:

My mother sat next to me. Her foot was tapping against the ground quickly. She was very nervous. "Emma... go get Ally and Sam from the kitchen." She said this with such terror in her tone. Though I am only 14, I can sense when she is in distress. My 12 year old brother Sam, and 4 year old sister, Ally, were siting around the table with dad. "Mom wants us guys, come to the living room." I try not to sound worried as well. My dad looks terrified. "Peeta!" I hear my mother. "Coming Katniss!" He responded. All of us ran into the living room. The TV flickered. I take a seat next to my mom and Sam. "Mom, will you braid my hair." I ask. I gulp down a bit of nervousness. My blonde hair always falls into my green eyes. "Sure honey." She responds. I move from the couch to the floor and let my mother brush my hair out. Sam was staring out the window thinking like usual. My dad was showing Ally how to paint a bird. The flower patterned couch comforted my back. "What type of flower print is on the couch?" I ask. Sam turns to look at me. "It's a Primrose flower pattern." He says. Mom seems to crack a smile with a small tear in her eye. "How did you and dad meet mom?" I have wondered this for 10 years. Both of them never wanted to answer. There has always been a mystery in my house. I found an old picture last month of my parents standing with nightlock berries in front of a cornucopia. "That story is for another time." My dad said rapidly. After my hair was fashioned into a blonde braid, I stand up and walk over to Ally and dad. Ally has been able to paint well ever since she was two. Sam was an amazing baker. He made the most wonderful cakes in the area. I had very few talents besides archery. I could shoot anything. "Ally, that's amazing." I mutter.her blue eyes look into mine. A smile creeks upon her cheeks. "Thanks Emma." She replies. Dad seemed proud of me. "It's time..." My mom sighs. Dad's eyes drop to the floor. My heart beat quickens. A bird chirped from the tree outside. I loved to climb it, for it was a willow. That was the only place I could hide away from everyone. My family descends to the primrose couch. My parents were on the edge of their seats. I knew there are hunger games, I just try not to think about them. My mom talked about a man named President Snow, he was the grandpa of our current leader, President Summer. She stood on a podium with a large clear bowl in front of her. "For the 3rd annual quarter quell, each of the current pool of victor's children will be reaped for this years games." My heart came to a stop. I'm going into the arena.....