Broken intimacy

I feel your eyes on me. Watching my every movement. One night you came down stairs where I was laying down. You laid so close to me that our arms and hands were touching. I thought my heart was going to leap straight out of my chest and I felt like I was going to vomit. Not because I didn’t like you, but because I was so nervous. Ever since I met you I wondered what it would be like to be this close to you. Slowly you wrapped your hand around mine and played with my fingers. At that moment  my heart sped up even more. You turned your head towards me and just stared. With a goofy smile on your face. A single dimple on your left cheek. Bright blues eye looking straight into mine. Chocolate curls flopped on your forehead. All too fast it was over. You said you had to go to bed. But before you left, you laid your arm across my chest and I knew you could feel my heart. Our eyes met you smiled sweetly and kissed me on the cheek. Then you were gone. The next day you acted like nothing even happened because we both knew we couldn’t be anything. No matter how much we wanted love. We couldn’t. I thought that was all. But that night you came down again.  Laying right next to me. You snaked your hand around mine. I never felt so happy. You reached up and put your hand on my left cheek and turned my head towards you and you kissed me. My first kiss. It was perfect. You told me you liked me. You left sweet kisses all over my face. One last kiss and you were gone .You left my side and i felt alone and cold. That was the last kiss we would ever share. Two days later you were gone. You  went away. Left me to be broken hearted. This was just another broken intimacy.