The Big Easy

Marcel walked down Royal Street looking for a small store Maddie LaRue, a young witch worked at. Witches give him stares and evil looks as he made his way to the store, he wasn't welcomed around here. He was not only a vampire, but the leader of the vampire community in New Orleans.

The witches and vampires didn't get along here, and tensions were high, especially since Marcel was vulnerable right now.

He had a prison like chamber called the garden where he buried vampires who broke his rules. This prison had flooded, freeing it's inmates who had formed their own society, wanting overthrow Marcel. Not only that, the witches had taken out two of his guys, but Marcel didn't have time to take on the witches with a bunch of vampires after him at the same time.

Marcel suspected the witches of freeing the vampires but had no solid proof. They denied involvement but wasted no time in using his weakness to their advantage.

Maddie was a mutual party. She was freshly 21 and had befriended Marcel after he saved her from a fire as a child that had killed her parents. His act of kindness meant nothing to the witch community but it meant something to Maddie. He looked after her and she gave him details when she could. Maddie was the granddaughter of Josephine LaRue, the regent of the New Orleans witches. Josephine turned a blind eye towards their friendship out of love for her granddaughter, so the other witches tolerated it as well.

He walked into the small shop, the bell above the door rang and a blonde with short hair excused herself from a customer and walked over to Marcel.

"What's so urgent?" He asked her.

"You know how I picked up that part time job at Russuo's bartending?" She asked him.

"Yeah what about it?"

"So I had been out the last few days and last night while I was working a vampire came in," she told him.

He looked at her confused.

"Russuo's is mutual territory Mad. If their causing trouble I'll have a talk with them but-"

"It wasn't just any vampire. I handed her a drink and when I touched her hand I felt something I'd never felt before. It was the darkest thing I've ever felt,"

"Her?" He questioned.

"She looks about 23. Dark curly hair, green eyes, cute accent. Probably the hottest chick I've ever seen. I asked a bartender and she has been in there the past few nights, asking questions. With your rogue vampires that escaped from the garden on the loose and after feeling what I felt I thought you should know," she explained.

He sighed, knowing if she wasn't conspiring with the garden vampires against him she was just going to be another problem to add to his plate. He didn't recall locking up anyone with her description, but a friend could have easily phoned her to help.

"Listen, I'll come by tonight with a few guys and scope out the place, see what this girls all about," he said to her reassuringly.

"Maddie!" A coworker yelled from the back.

"I gotta go," she told him.

"Thanks for the heads up," he said as he gently touched her arm and turned around to open the door, but as he did he heard Maddie call his name.

"Marcel,"

He turned around slightly to face her.

"Please be careful," she said genuinely.

He nodded before he exited the store.

*****************************************

Marcel walked into Russuos with his two most loyal vampire friends, Thierry and Victor.