Chapter 14: Carter

"You still haven't found them?!?!?" He yelled. 

"Sir, I searched high and low for these girls. I even checked to see if they were hiding at their old houses." 

"You idiot!!" He hit me. "These are STAR MARES!! They are smarter, faster, and stronger than the other girls. Don't you think that they will know that their homes are the first place you would look. It's been almost a week since they've been missing! They could be long gone by now."

 "Sir, I will---"

"Carter, your best is not good enough. If I don't have those girls before the big Entrepreneur's Race, you're fired!" 

"But that's in two weeks!" 

"Plenty of time to find four little girls. Be gone!" He ordered before I stormed out of the office. How could I possibly find those girls?? I'm glad that he didn't figure out that it was them who orchestrated the whole thing. These halls are very hollow now. A lot of girls got away or were killed. Kidnapping is too risky nowadays because girls either walk in groups or their parents drive them. In this city especially, the police are getting more and more tighter with kidnap. Because of those four girls, this facility is dying more and more by the day. The girls that are here suck! They can't race well and they kill themselves. I'm thinking about leaving this place because the business isn't there anymore. 

I leave out to my car and I just remembered that I had to go to the grocery store. My wife would kill me if I didn't buy any food for the family. I make my way to the grocery store and get the necessary items: eggs, chips, cookies, bacon, waffles, chicken, a bag of rice, noodles, tomatoes, chicken broth, and snack cakes. 

"If that's not enough food for a week, I don't know what is." I muttered. 

"Thief!!! Thief!!" A cashier yelled as a person runs out of the store. I leave the shopping cart in its place and I took off after the person. I pounced on him, causing whatever items to fall out of his hands. The cashier came out and saw that he was trapped. 

"Thank you! Thank you!" The cashier jumped for joy. 

"All in a day's work." I waved it off as I started picking up the items and handed them to the cashier. I went over to the robber and picked him up by his collar.

"Are you that broke that you had to steal from the grocery store?" 

"My family needs the food. I didn't have any money and I was just fired from my job." 

"I don't want to hear any excuses." I sneered. "Get out of here before the police come." 

He looked at me with this pathetic face, as if I'm supposed to give in and help him. Nope! I got my own family to feed. Once he saw that I wasn't going to help him, he turned away sadly.

"Sorry ass nigga." I muttered. I turn on my heel and see that a man is right behind me. 

"Hello sir." He greeted. 

"Hello?" I raised an eyebrow. "Is there a reason why you're in my way?" 

"Oh yes, that tackle was amazing. Not a lot of people can do that." 

"Thank you." I said impatiently. 

"Okay, let me cut right to the chase. My name is Walter Millsap and I'm the manager to this huge boy band Mindless Behavior. I was wondering if you're willing to take the job as their security guard." 

This could be the job that I'm looking for. 

"How much does it pay?" I stroked my beard. 

"1,000 dollars per hour." He said nonchalantly, typing away on his phone. 

KA-CHING! 1,000 dollars per hour just to protect some brats? I practically have to do nothing! Easiest money I've ever made. This dude is so stupid. 

"I'll take it!" I smiled, shaking his hand. 

"I knew you would." He chuckled. "You can start next week. You can meet the boys maybe the day before the first day of school."

"Sounds like a plan." I nodded as I was on my way to walk back into the store. 

"Oh yeah, I need your number." He said, handing me his phone. I took the phone and typed my number into it and my name. I then went back to the store. I can't wait to tell my wife.