Chapter 12: yun tera muskuraana

He didn't know when his eyes closed for a moment but when he opened it again, it was deeper into the night.....He had drooped off by her side as well....His fingers were still on her soft tresses and his other hand was holding her protectively....

She was comfortably sleeping and her face was peaceful!

Perhaps the sense of security and "an owned by" feeling she felt in his arms made her relax completely!

He snapped out and tried to get up but it was then that he realized that her hand clutched him....Her fingers were hugging his fingers tightly.....Even in the deep sleep, her fingers didn't loosen the grip on him! And she shifted a bit when he tried to get up!

He became still again fearing that she would wake up......

He realized that after Roshni, it was the first time that a girl was so close to him....

Even when he decided to marry Sakshi, this closeness or nothing related was never on his mind...His emotions were far away from all of this!

Getting close to a girl other than his first and only love Roshni was tough for him but now the situations changed and demanded it....he didn't know the reason but he felt it was his responsibility to take care of Sakshi...perhaps he felt that Sakshi needed him and his support!

Or perhaps her confession and the fact that he knew what she felt for him had its effect as well...but what was in his heart? Even he was confused about his own feelings for her.....

Was it love? No was an instant answer that his heart echoed back to him......but it also whispered....it is not just love.....it was even beyond that!

For someone who could always see beyond the obvious, it shouldn't be tough to realize what exactly he felt for Sakshi but no....Love or anything connected to one's heart was always a mystery....Mysterious are the ways of a human heart....kab kaise, kisse pyar ho jaatha hai, yeh patha hi nahi chaltha!

As they say...."yeh dil ke baatein dil hi jaane"

And ACP Arjun Rawte always preferred to keep his heart deep under thick wraps so that none could trespass or get to know him better......His face, his expressions, his emotions were all totally inscrutable!

**********************************

He could have just forced her to sleep and resumed his sleep on the couch but he couldn't......He couldn't see her restless and lying there without able to sleep....he couldn't let her feel like an alien in his house...he wanted her to feel at home.....his home was her home too now!

He just squeezed her fingers lightly reassuring that he isnt going away anywhere and lay back on the bed's head rest!

But he couldn't sleep! He lay awake and his eyes darted to her face.....she appeared calm and there was a unique sense of satisfaction on her pretty face.....Yes, she looked pretty...It was the first time he was observing her so keenly!

In the faint light from the night lamp, her face looked angelic and her tender skin glowed a bit...

But she looked pale...The treatment, the medicines, the hospital environment and the whole lot of problems she was facing before he met her seemed to have worn her out completely.....

The dark circles under her eyes made it evident that she was quite exhausted by her destiny.....

Unaware of himself, his fingers trailed down from her hair to her face...He caressed her cheeks as gently as possible so that she isnt disturbed.....

A smiled creeped up her lips by the impact of his delicate touch on her face......she stirred slightly and her hand left his fingers and cozily grabbed the hand on her face......

Beyond Just Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें