Over Again

Some people survive and talk about it. Some people survive and go silent. Some people survive and create. Everyone deals with unimaginable pain in their own way, and everyone is entitled to that, without judgement. So the next time you look at someone's life covetously, remember... you may not want to endure what they are enduring right now, at this moment, whilst they sit so quietly before you, looking like a calm ocean on a sunny day. Remember how vast the ocean's boundaries are. Whilst somewhere the water is calm, in another place in the very same ocean, there is a colossal storm.

I now understand the power of words. They can make a sad man smile, even after all he has suffered. They can warm up the broken heart, of a girl who lost her first love. They can give hope to those who can't find their place in the world. They can create peace in times of war. They can make pain feel like love, even if it's only for an instant. At the right time, words can change the world, or at least somebodies world. Speak from your heart, always.

Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

We dont always get a second chance. And sometimes, I think, This is for the best.

Somewhere in between my burned bridges and scarred streets, You found a place in my heart and built us a home.

I used to say i wanted to kiss the moon, because its the most beautiful thing in the world; I dont say that anymore because i get to kiss you.

What were you

You were that feather, Blown away from my grasping fingers. And that lonesome tree by the roadside, That i drove past in haste. You were that pressed flower, Lost between the pages of my old diary. And that tear drop whipped away, before masking a smile. No one else saw you but me. You were an ephemeral light, But i loved you still.

Learn to say "no" without having to explain yourself. 

Beach combing

I didn't know there was something missing until i found you. It was like stumbling upon an unharmed sand dollar after spending a lifetime collecting broken bits of sea glass. We are a perfect accident brought together by the ebb and flow of fates turquoise tides. 

Burn your tongue on a cup of teas. Eat to much chocolate. Cry for a few hours, or cry for a few days. Its okay to make mistakes its okay to not be okay; you will always learn how to heal.

I tried everything. I smoked, I drank, I drove 100 miles on the freeway. Anything to make my heart feel the way it did when it would beat next to yours. 

One day, whether you are 14, 

28,

or 65

You will stumble upon someone who will start a fire in you that you cannot die. 

However, the saddest, most awful truth you will ever come to find--

is they are not always with whom we spend our lives.

sometimes you meet someone, and its so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, ore as family, or as something internally different. You just work whether you understand one another or you're in love or you're partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I dont know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something.