We Are Human Too

It starts out casually. On any old, cool, September day. Then, there is the faint hum of a plane. You can hear it growing louder by the second. Panic races through the crowd as your heart pounds in your ears. You run from the planes. Too close. A loud crash as everyone flees the flying debris. It goes national. You will never forget that moment. Neither will anyone else. History has just been made. Now, devastation spreads. ISIS has been blamed. Muslims everywhere are indefinitely stereotyped as terrorists. Never recovering from that one tragedy. That one day. The day that could have changed everything. 

This horrid event, now commonly known as 9/11 affected every Muslim from then, to this very minute. People stopped trusting Muslims in many different ways. They were all judged for what a small group of cruel extremists did. This is where Islamaphobia grew into the common fear for many it is today. 

As time passed, Islamaphobia was still a big thing, but more rumors about Islam came into play. Many people started to assume that Muslims are sexist because it is their religion to wear a headscarf. They think all Muslim women are oppressed to do this. What most people don't know is that most women in freer countries choose to wear a headscarf. Choose, not forced. This is yet another example of how all Muslims are stereotyped with certain extremists. 

Racism to Muslims and Islam is a major problem and continues to grow with politics. With people disagreeing with politics, come lots and lots of protesting. Due to recent politics problem, there have been many protesters for equality. Protesting and media of any type can drastically change political movements. For all we know, that change could e or the better, or for the worse. 

Protesting, Islamaphobia, stereotyping Muslims, and thinking they are sexist are only some of the effects of Muslim racism. Many Muslims have been scarred both physically and mentally by these things. Many have suffered. Everyone is different. Everyone is human. Everyone is equal. No matter their culture. No matter their race. And that's the way we have to make it.