Sh*tty Surprise (Samon Gokuu) [Part 1]

ATTENTION! WHEN MAKING A REQUEST, PLEASE REFER TO THE NEXT UPDATE TO SEE WHICH SHOWS OR MANGA YOU CAN REQUEST FROM. I WILL NOT WRITE ANY STORIES IF I HAVE NOT SEEN THE ANIME/MANGA/GAME YOU ARE REQUESTING FOR. THIS IS BECAUSE I CANNOT WRITE ABOUT A CHARACTER I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT. 

MY SINCEREST APOLOGIES AND MANY THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Samon! Your wife is here!!"

"Wife??"

"Geez. I didn't even know you were married... " sulked Hakkai as he rubbed his throbbing cheek. "But man are you a lucky guy. She's got great looks and a nice set of--"

"Just shut up and do your job, damn it. I'll be back in a bit."

40 minutes later...

"[Name]!? What are you doing here??"

"I guess the throbbing cheek makes sense now. Knowing Hakkai, he probably said something perverted to her," thought Samon.

"Sorry to disturb you from your work, Samon, but I wanted you to hear this face-to-face."

"What is it? Is something wrong??" 

A look of concern was etched onto his face as he studied her's. He found no evidence of her being physically injured or emotionally hurt...

The young lady simply smiled and held out her left hand.

"I'm getting engaged! And I want you and Enki to be there for the wedding!!"

For what seemed like an eternity, Samon's heart broke and crumbled into pieces. It wasn't because the girl he loved didn't know that his brother was locked up and he had yet to tell her the truth; it was because the smile on her face was for the man she would be wed to. A man that wasn't him. 

How he wished to say that the reason behind her smile was because of him. Now... he couldn't. He could never. 

She was taken away from him. Gone. Forever. 

Enki was the first to leave. Now her. This time, he has no remnants of her. Nor does he know if wants any. It would only bring him suffering after all.  To be reminded everyday that she just wasn't his...

Nevertheless, Samon forced out a smile. "Congratulations, [Name]! But who exactly are you getting married to? You never mentioned a boyfriend."

"Ah... Well you see. This is actually an arranged marriage."

"Then maybe... Just. Maybe..."

"I was opposed to it at first since I was saving my heart for someone I truly loved..."

"Maybe I can--"

"But when I met him. I felt a connection. I felt so drawn to him. It wasn't because of his looks. It was the way he passionately spoke about his work. The way he easily caught all of my attention. The way he stole my heart. I was so taken with him!! Oh! I think the two of you would get along so well!"

"I can't... I can't steal her back. She's... so... happy..."

"Is that so?" he asked. "I'd like to meet the guy."

"More lies..."

"I'll make sure the two of you meet! Maybe during the reception...?" you suggested.

"Maybe I don't deserve someone like her. Honest. Pure. I don't want to continue lying anymore..."

"Although, I'm worried Enki will purposely intimidate him. What do you think?"

"Hm... Maybe? But if it's you... I doubt he'll do anything to ruin your wedding day."

"But I have to do this. It hurts like hell to lie... But I have to protect her..."

"I can't wait for us to get together again!"

"Yeah... Me too."

"What a shitty surprise..."

And so, as days, weeks and months went by, the day Samon had dreaded had come and unfortunately, had not passed. 

Samon watched with envy and despair as he watched some random man take his love away. Yet he couldn't help his heart racing as he noted how beautiful and absolutely breathtaking you looked. 

However, the bitter feelings returned when you finally introduced your husband at the reception. He studied your husband carefully. He had no idea what you saw in him!

He was full of himself. Snakelike. Devilish. And very fake. Characteristics dark enough to taint your pure persona. 

To rid himself of his sour mood, Samon went to a nearby bar and drowned his sorrow in beer, gin and vodka all by himself. And as the night came to an end, a terrible thought had dawned on him.

After all, you had one more task to carry out in order to make your marriage "official."

_____________________

A/N

Hey y'all! I still don't have any inspiration to write anything, so it took my awhile to write this. 

But listen. If you guys haven't heard of Nanbaka, I just you go watch it or at least read the manga. It's pretty funny, yet at the same time, can be really dark and deep. So if you're looking for a little comedy/action/drama type of thing, I suggest you watch this anime!!

Anyways, part 2 of this story will come out soon! Eventually! Some time in the near future!(?)

Anime/Manga: Nanbaka