pohnpei legendary lih mwodeleng

Pohnpei is a small island located in the Pacific . It is the  capital state of federated states of Micronesia.

Pohnpei has many stories and legends, Many demi gods or ghosts. People of pohnpei has always been superstitious but much to their legends there are also proofs that their stories might be true after all. From ruthless kings/ demigod ( saudelors) to ghost people , talking animals , how they built nahn madol ( ancient ruins), underwater city, a huge god like chicken, and all the ghost stories there is one particular ghost lady that I can't seem to find her story. I have been intrigued with her, searching for her story but no one wants to talk about it, let alone say her name.

It is believed that if you say her name, you should know that she is getting near to you. But if your out of reach of any water you are safe. If you are near water and you say her name, she's coming for you.

There are numerous people who have seen her but some end up dead other end up in a mental state. Much worse than death for they think they are married to her or you can just say they turned quite extremely Looney.

It is said that this woman, who they call lih mwodeleng, is very beautiful. In fact everyone who saw her claims that she is the most beautiful woman in the world. She wants to be the most beautiful, she would kill  or destroy every woman she would feel envious  towards. She is a seductress. She can change her voice to anyone or anything. She can play tricks with your mind. She makes her victims think she cares for them. She makes them think she is feeding them with baked fish and baked breadfruit when they're hungry, but in truth what they were really eating was mud and rocks.

No one really knows where she really comes from and no one knows how she came to be this vengeful ghost lady. She wears only a  red dress.

What I'm about to tell you is mostly true. But how she came to be is only fiction .

Chapter one
This is fiction.
Lih mwodeleng was the youngest child to kroun and liemin. She had an older sister named paahs. But no doubt she was the most  beautiful. She had long black hair and light brown skin with dark brown eyes.
Lih mwodeleng loved to go sit on the top of the waterfalls, sit on the highest rocks and comb her hair . She loved how she Combs her long hair in the river waters.
Everyone was envious of lih mwodeleng because not that she was only beautiful but she had the longest, silky and most beatufull hair of all the island.

Soon words spread out throughout the entire island of the beauty of lih mwodeleng. And as the news reach the chief of pohnpei, which is saudelor, the chief wanted to see for himself this beauty everyone has been talking non stop about.

The chief prepared his men and canoes to travel to the destination of where lih mwodeleng lives with her parents.

After a two days travel the chief finally arrived. The village people welcomed him and prepared the feast for the chief.
Large pigs were killed. A umw was set to bake the pigs along with large yams,breadfruit and taros. The men from the village pounded on sakau roots and began preparing the kava for the chief. The head of the pig was presented for the chief along with the side local foods.

Meanwhile, lih mwodelengs parents told lih mwodeleng what was the reason for the chiefs presence.

" Lih mwodeleng the chief has requested your appearance in the nahs tonight." Her mother beams at her with a wide smile.

" And why is that mother?" Lih mwodeleng asked her mother.

" The news of your beauty has reached him and he has come to see for himself ." Liemen replies proudly.

" And it is an honor that the chief has traveled long just to see you." She adds.
Lih mwodeleng just nods her head, not sure why the chief would travel long to see her.

As the men and the chief were drinking Sakau, liemen escorted lihmwodeleng, who was dressed in red with red hibiscus flowers arranged beautifully in her hair, into the nahs. 
The chief along with all the men stared at lih mwodeleng like she was the first woman they have seen. All the other women weren't visible no more.
The chief stared at her from her flowing hair to her face and all of her. He devoured her with his eyes. She was more than beautiful to him, she was a goddess.

Lih mwodeleng looked at all the men. Her eyes searching for this so called high mighty chief.
One man stood out from all the rest. He sat straight in his seat eyes staring at her, intimidating her. He was handsome. He had a body built just like a warrior. He wore his chief crown proudly. He had dark long wavy hair with brown hawk eyes.

" Come here" saudelor commanded.

Lih mwodeleng walked obediently to him.
" You are very beautiful indeed and I will make you my bride." He said to her.
Lih mwodeleng was shocked .She was afraid. But she couldn't say no to him or he would kill her for defying him.

Everyone cheered and applauded. Lih mwodelengs parents were happy to have pleased the chief.

The chief then told the people that he would come back after a few days and he will take  lih mwodeleng back to his kingdom at nahn dawas.

After a few days, the news reached the village that their chief was finally coming and a wedding was going to be held that day.

The king arrived with his men with gifts for the bride's parents. He presented large pigs, large sakaus ,and other local foods. The parents were so happy and lih mwodeleng was very proud to be his wife but what she didn't know was the chief had many tastes in women and was soon to find out for herself.

Everyone was sitting in the nahs having a great feast. Lih  mwodeleng was the last to arrive at the nahs. When she arrived the chief didn't notice she was about to enter the nahs .

Lih mwodeleng just stood at the entrance looked shocked with her eyes wide. She was filled with rage for what she saw broke her pride and her heart. The chief was sitting with another woman whispering to her and seemed like he was flirting with her. The chief looked where everyone was staring at and was shocked that he didn't see his bride while was flirting with another woman.

" You have ruined my pride. On my wedding day you have started to look comfort with another woman. I will curse all your people. I will destroy every women who think they are beautiful and every men will be Bewitched to me only, until they can't take it no more and die. I will kill your children when they get lost. I will confuse them and earn their trust and kill them. And you oh mighty chief, you will longer hold your beauty that no other woman would love to be with you. You will be cruel what is inside your heart will come out as your outer beauty you will be miserable your people will be miserable. Your reign will be dark with famines and your people will no longer love you." Lih mwodeling cried to saudelor and left the nahs.

Lih mwodeleng went to her river climbed up to her waterfall and sat on her rock and started to Combe her hair. And she jumped. She jumped and she died but no one found her body the only person who saw her was her sister and she vowed to  looked after lih mwodeling to stop her from making her curses come true.

After weeks, the king was ripped out his beauty. No woman could looked at him for he was devious. He looked like a demon. He was miserable. He made the people's lives miserable. His people hated him. He killed anyone he defy him. he was cruel. Looked cruel. He no longer was a human in flesh but a demon in flesh. And people started reporting sights of the lost beauty who had died with a revengeful heart. She wore a red dress with dead red flowers in her hair . And there were also sights of another woman who wears only a white dress, but this one only helps return the lost people the woman in red had took.