Chapter 1 - The Big Day

~ Maddie's Point of View (POV) ~

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. Now, most people would think that this sound is particularly enjoyable, especially on a beautifully sunny day in July, but alas, I have the opposite opinion.
The happy birds outside signify that today is the day; it's here already, and now, there's no going back.
I have my very first audition today, and, typically me, it's not going to be the easiest of auditions.

You see, many young people like me who are 'musically talented' start their auditioning process at a younger age - say maybe 7-10 years old. I, however, am late to the party, for I'm 18 now, and am only just jumping on the band wagon.
I play many instruments, and my voice isn't half bad either, it's just been looking for the right opportunity that has prevented me. I know what I want, so why would I settle for anything less?

I roll out of bed, almost tripping myself up with phone charger wires, and stumble into the bathroom, still half asleep. I startle myself as I peel my eyes open and glance at my hideous reflection in the mirror. I think to myself, "the bedhead is strong today".
I strip and hop in the shower, in hopes that it'll make me look better than I did when I woke up.

I listen to the music gods and basically perform every time I'm in the shower. Typically, my music choice ranges from Queen to the Beyoncé, but today was a little different. I listened to quiet music, to calm my nerves, and to put me into the zone.

I'm quickly out of the shower as I've realised I've overslept, and start to get ready for my big day. I dry my hair as fast as I can, and I basically throw my make-up onto my face.
As I'm trying to get ready, and basically running around like a headless chicken, it hits me.

Today is the day that I'll audition for Mika's tour band.....

~ Hey guys! If you like the story so far, don't forget to vote it and leave comments! Also, I'd love it if you shared this around with your friends, or anyone you think would like to read it!
Thanks, mikasmicrophone 💕💕💕 ~