Chapter 3 - Nerves of Steel

~ Maddie's Point of View ~

Oh. My. God.

He's sitting right there.

And he's staring at me!!

Suddenly, I get butterflies in my stomach and my anxiety levels rise and I become panicky. I quickly look down, hoping he won't be able to tell that I'm shaking.
He catches my eyes as I glance up from the floor, and he instantly notices that I'm nervous. Great.

"Hey, love. What's your name?"

Oh god, he's talking to me.

"I'm um..... Maddie"

I forgot my own name, how stupid am I??

"And how old are you, dear?"

"I'm 18"

At least I remembered that!

"Great, okay. So, what I want you to do is take a few deep breaths and calm yourself down. I know auditions can be quite intimidating and scary, but this is going to be okay.
"Right, are you ready to start?"

I give a small nod, and I start playing.

I'm trying out for a few different positions today, which means he'll have to listen to me play two instruments and hear me sing - only God knows how I'll make it through.

After I stumble over the first few chords on the piano, I start to forget that he's even there and I focus entirely on the music. My hands don't falter, I don't miss a note, and I'm following the music sheet with ease. By the end of the song, I have a beaming smile on my face; I know I've done well.

I look over to Mika and his band mates, and all of their jaws are hitting the floor. I giggle quietly to myself, hoping they won't hear.

The same thing happens when I play my guitar, I don't falter on a single note, and yet again, they're amazed by my performance.

The last thing to do now, is sing. For this, Mika gets up from his chair and heads towards the piano.
It's then evident that he'll play for me, and my nerves begin to show again.

He starts playing "Grace Kelly", my favourite song of his, and I start to sing.

I close my eyes, and focus on the words, hoping that I don't mess them up. I'm doing okay by the time I get to the chorus, and then something throws me off.

Mika can't help but sing with me.

I try to block out his voice, otherwise I'll stop singing and end up listening to him sing instead! I carry on with the song, and at the end, I feel pleased with my performance.

Mika stands up from the piano and walks towards me. He pats me on the back, congratulates me, and leads me off the stage.

~ Hey guys! If you like the story so far, don't forget to vote it and leave comments! Also, I'd love it if you shared this around with your friends, or anyone you think would like to read it!
Thanks, mikasmicrophone 💕💕💕 ~