Chapter 2 - Auditioning Process

~ Mika's Point of View ~

I already knew that today was going to be ridiculously busy, but I never imagined it would turn out like this.
All the acts I've seen so far today have been good, but to be honest, I want great, amazing, brilliant musicians in my band, and none of them have quite made the cut.
Me and my current band mates are the ones holding the auditions. It's predominantly me choosing who I want, but of course I have to take in to consideration their opinions. We've disagreed a few times already, like we always do, but major conflicts never arise.
We sat down to eat lunch about 10 minutes ago, and already, I want to go back and listen to more acts.

After lunch, we head back to the stage, and the next lot of auditionees are welcomed into the theatre. I try not to look at them as they walk in, I know it can be intimidating, but sometimes I can't help but look.
I glance over to the door and then back down to my paper, then back to the door.
As I'm about to turn my head back away for the third time, I spot a young woman, probably in her late teens or early twenties, with absolutely stunning features.

I can't help but stare.

Her chocolate-coloured hair flows down over her shoulders in small ringlets, and the stage lights reveal her emerald green eyes. Her skin is perfectly clear, apart from a few small freckles on her cheeks. She catches my eyes and smiles, and I can't bring myself to look away. I follow her with my eyes to her seat, and then I'm suddenly torn away by the first of the afternoon acts that has appeared in front of me.

All the time the act was performing, my brain was elsewhere, thinking about the mystery girl I'd seen. I couldn't help it. She was gorgeous, but it wasn't just her looks that attracted me, there was something else too.

We listened and watched a few more acts, but I didn't really pay attention, and honestly, I didn't really care. They weren't interesting and I had a more important thing on my mind.

The next act was called onto the stage, and there she was, strolling towards me without a care in the world.
My heart skipped a beat.

~ Hey guys! If you like the story so far, don't forget to vote it and leave comments! Also, I'd love it if you shared this around with your friends, or anyone you think would like to read it!
Thanks, mikasmicrophone 💕💕💕 ~