♡Confession♡

Although time passes like an indifferent beast... If we long to hold onto it, it'll always be with us.

"Emma, where are you going?" Trinity asks, running up behind her friend.

"The library," she answers, rushing off towards that direction.

"Again?" Layla questions, sighing with Trinity and Piper. "Is there a treasure box there or something?"

"Why do you go there so often?" Piper adds, thinking what's so special about a library when there's only just books; a lot of books and silence.

"Can't tell ya," Emma waves her hand in a shooing motion. "It's a national secret."

"She's started to become a book worm," Piper comments.

"Ya think? But her grades haven't gone up..." Trinity implies as the three girls watch their odd girlfriend walking away in the distance.

'Hmmm... I wonder where it is...' Emma thinks as she wonders down the aisles.

As Emma walks around to that section, another student walks into the library.

'There he is!'

"Oh my god! Isn't he Issac, the hunk from Marshall High? I heard he's really popular."

"That's him! He's so dreamy..."

"I heard he comes here often. I have the biggest crush on him!"

While tons of female students whisper and chatter happily behind his back, Issac continues walking towards their section.

'Emma...' he thinks as the two made eye contact with each other. Issac slowly turns away blushing as Emma did the same, shifting her body to face the shelves fill with books... Romantic books.

Looking at the books, the young girl smiles to herself as she runs her fingers gently across the books, sensing Issac looking at her from behind. As she runs her fingers, she comes to a stop and pulls out a blue hardcover book slightly from its spot and continues to wonder around the area cluelessly.

Feeling the butterflies in his stomach and the bubbling sensation in his chest, Issac blushes with excitement as he walks over to the shelf where the book was peeking out from its spot. He caresses the book gently as he reads the title that says The Blue Light Walked Towards Me.

Smiling to himself, he did the same and went to a different shelf and gently pulls out a rose hardcover book from its spot. As he did, Emma saw from the corner of her eye and immediately went to where he was as soon as he left wondering aimlessly. She runs her index finger over the title which reads I Look To You Like I Do A Flower.

Soon, the pattern continues...

To Emma: Time Flows, My Heart Flows

To Issac: Lend Me Your Shoulder

To Emma: The Scent Of The Wind After The Rain

To Issac: Where The Sidewalk Ends

To Emma: I Wish You Were Standing At The End Of This Road

To Issac: I'll Wait Through The Seasons

To Emma: You're The One Even If You Don't Wait

In between the colorful book bindings, the light sneaks its way through the cracks. In that library, we shyly confessed our feelings to each other through the books' titles.

I think that's when I finally understood.. Why people were scared to finish a book they loved. We hoped those days would never end. But the first one to summon up the courage... was Emma.

We started writing secret notes to each other, and they were found between the books only we knew.

Although the location changed every time, we had fun looking for each other's ones and never once used the same hiding spots.

When that was ended.

There were none for a very long time.