1. Love You Even More...

She is leaving!

I have to stop her.

She... She can't leave me!

"Ask him! She is just a Mistress to him!! Why did you steal the love of my life, Shivaay?"

"Mr. Oberoi, we are asking you for the last time! Is Ms. Anika really your MISTRESS? Do you share an ILLEGITIMATE RELATIONSHIP with her? Answer us Mr. Oberoi! Who is she to you?"

"Tell us Shivaay, why is such a cheap woman in your mansion?" demands Mrs. Randhawa.

She has reached the door! She will leave! I have to stop her!

"Annika!"

***********

I wake up from my dream. Or should I say My Nightmare.

Everything turned so messed up after that night. Annika felt so humiliated that night. The media, Daksh and Mrs. Randhawa throwing sh*t at her reputation.

The world now knew that Mrs. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was a middle-class woman, who did a regular job of an event manager. Surprisingly, it did not bother me at all. I felt proud of the woman who turned out to be my wife, unlike me, she has struggled for what she has and is a self made woman. She is amazing. Just beautifully talented.

Post my announcement of marriage with her, people tried to get to me through her. Hounding her, for more information. Threats for kidnapping and ransom, favour seekers, cheap minded businessmen. All wanted to reach her.

But she has been brave, putting such people in their place and letting them know that she is not the one to be messed with.

No one has ever cared for Me and My Family as much as she does. She has made it Our Family. Taking care of everyone, everyday and every moment.

How foolish of me to beat my chest over her CLASS & STATUS! She has done everything in her power to keep the family united. She has given her life and breath to us.

"Shivaay!"

"Huh? What? Why are you screaming right into my ear? You crazy woman!"

"I have been calling your name since so long, Billu ji! What were you dreaming about?"

"You!" I say mindlessly.

"What? About me?"

"I mean about how you have caste a magical spell over our family... All everybody does is keep asking for you and continuously sings your praises! What have you done to them?"

She smiles and sits down besides me on the bed, the look on her face shows that she is lost in nostalgia.

"Thank you so much, Shivaay. Because of you I finally know how it feels like to live as a family. I got the best in-laws! Everyone so good to me! A loving Sister-in-law and two over-protective Brother-in-laws... Everything is so much in place... Sometimes I worry, if all this is a dream! And I'm I'm afraid, when I wake up, all of this will be lost and distant! Especially you! You have given so much and more to me, what if you realize one morning that I'm not worth it!!? What if you decide to leav-"

"I won't! I will never!! I keep telling you over and over, again and again! You are important to me. Why would I leave you? You mean so much to me."

She looks at me with so much emotion in her eyes!

"But WHY? Why do I mean so much to you? You scare me Shivaay!"

"What?! I scare you? But how & why?"