Royal Treatment

"Where's my Rosalee?" Mother demands, barging through the doors of the castle as if she owns the place.

"Calm down mom, stop. Rose can't be around loud sounds,  and she's already been around enough of my screaming." I say, causing her to frown.

"You won't even allow me to see her?" Mom looks hurt.

"No, of course not, I'm just saying that you need to be quiet when we go in there." I reply, and it seems to settle her worries as I wind my way through the corridors, getting to the hospital wing.

When we finally arrive at my daughter's room, and even before I go in I can sense that a familiar presence is in the room, but who it actually is catches me off guard.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry. I should have asked your permission before I came in like this." Maxwell stands up from the chair he was sitting in. he looks stressed and overwhelmed. 

"Well, it's not my right to tell you what you can and can't do. It's your daughter. Your castle. Your country, even." I look at the door, not daring to make eye contact.

"Cora, look, I really am sorry, I shouldn't have come in like this."

"No, you're fine." It's not really a lie, he has every right to be in here, and I knew he would come soon enough, but... it's just strange, strange to see him again.

"I think you two need to go talk some things out. I'll stay here with Rose, and you two go and sort what needs to be sorted." Mom says, clearly feeling out of place.

I don't have anything to stay, so I plan on staying put, but mother pushes me out the door and the prince follows.

I cross my arms and stare out the window, overlooking a garden. I haven't any idea what to say. I know that I don't have any more free passes to yell at the royal family like I did the queen, and I know by the look on his face that he wouldn't do anything to hurt his daughter, even to cause her to stay in the castle so that he could see her.

And I could never put anything like that on Sophie. only fifteen years old, and has the same personality as her mother. Her people adore her as they do Queen Rosalee.

I know that I had overreacted, saying that the royals did this, but I think that I knew in my heart that none of them did this.

"I don't know what to say Cora. There's so much to be said, but this isn't the time or place for any of that." Maxwell says.

I sit down on a nearby bench, and he sits across from me.

We sit in silence for a while longer, neither of us having anything to say. It's extremely awkward.

Finally, a maid comes over.

"Miss Cora, Your's and Your mother's rooms are ready. I placed the bags your mother brought for you in yours. When you are ready to go there, I can have someone show you the way." She says.

"I'll show her to it, Dorothy. Which is it?" Maxwell says.

The maid tells him and curtsies to him and then me. The prince stands and do as well.

"It's on the guest floor, right below the floor with my own living quarters." He says, then takes of down the hall.

He tells me what each room is when we pass it, though I know that I'll never know remember which is what.

"Here we are." He comes to a halt and signals for me to enter.

It's walls are a pale yellow and the king sized bed is covered with an ornate gold and red bed spread. It has a canopy with thick velvet curtains. There is a massive window with a desk in front of it, as well as a sofa. It overlooks another part of the garden I was admiring earlier. In the corner Is a large wardrobe, begging to be filled with clothes.