Chapter 32: The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Peter's Perspective:

"And what would that be?" I asked, taking a few steps forward and stopped.

Lea's grin turned to a smirk. She took a few steps forward as she came out of the trees, only she wasn't alone. What my eyes fell upon led me to a state of confusion and awe.

"Tigerlily..." I spoke aloud in surprise.

At first I didn't think it was actually her, I mean, how could it be? After the way I treated her and how I left things with her...why would she come back? She looked exactly the same as the last time I'd seen her. Her long black hair was in a braid with a few flowers tucked within. Tigerlily smiled lightly.

"Nice to see you Peter" she greeted as she walked towards me.

I hadn't heard her say my name in years...it felt so foreign to me. I couldn't stop myself from staring in awe as my mouth gaped open.

"Lily's here to help. She's gonna train the boys after you guys catch up" Lea spoke as she looked between us. Oh my gosh...how am I supposed to talk to her? It's been so long...

Tigerlily smiled as she walked to me and grabbed my arm.

"I think we have some things to catch up on" she said in a relaxed and cheerful manner.

She took me by surprise as she pulled me along into the forest. She looked behind us, seeing that nobody else was nearby. Letting go of my arm, she exhaled a breath and looked me in the eyes as we continued to walk. I wasn't quite sure where this was going, but it made me nervous. She cleared her throat;

"You look like you're doing well after all these years..."

At that moment I somewhat froze. I wasn't sure how to respond. Realizing I needed to speak to avoid it being awkward, I replied;

"Oh, um, yeah I guess..."

Oh my god I haven't seen my best friend in forty years and that's the first thing I say to her?!

I bit my tongue at my stupid choice of words. I don't know where to start...

"How's the village?" I asked full of curiosity.

She looked to me with a half smile.

"They're doing well, nobody has left for a while though. Well, except for me" she explained.

We walked in silence for a few moments until I could think of something else to ask.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned, not quite sure if I'm overstepping my boundaries.

"Of course, anything" she responded, slightly tilting her head.

I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"How exactly do you and Lea know each other?"

Their was a small moment of silence where she just chuckled.

"Ha, it's a funny story actually" she started, now smiling.

"Let's just say I helped her get out of a sticky situation" she claimed.

My eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion.

"What kind of situation?" I interrogated.

Lily eyed me as she cocked a brow.

"Oh nothing major, I just lent her a hand and we just kinda started talking..."

Lily gave me a sarcastic smile that intrigued me. I had completely forgotten what it was like to talk to her. It had been so long...

"You didn't happen to talk about me now did you?" I said, lacing wit and sarcasm in my voice along with a hint of my own curiosity.