The other side.

I remember standing on the beach.

My feet ploddingly being swallowed up by the sand as the tide rolled in and out with graceful abandon.

I watched the trembling, undulant body of water in front of me.

Enticed as the waves curled in on themselves before collapsing and stretching over everything they could.

Reaching for me. The water embraced and surrounded my ankles, digging me deeper into the shore.

Faint sea-salt mist travels with the gentle breeze, cooling my hot, sun-kissed skin.

I remember the ocean spray kissing my lips.

I look up, the sky is a ravishing orchestra of colours, prepossessingly merging together as it brings our world into slumber.

The sun passionately tonguing our land, giving us its roseate golden goodbye before descending into twilight.

I glanced to the grand washed-out wooden pier in the distance.

There you sit, legs dangling off the dock's edge, toes prodding the calm water.

You're radiating. Illuminating the ocean's fathomless trenches.

I want to call out your name but it catches in my throat.

You can't hear me, and what a nightmare that is.

I want to run to you, I want to throw my arms around you and simply relish in your embrace.

The sand clutches onto my eager feet as if to tell me no.

So I remain painfully still.

And watch as the silhouette of you gradually blends into the dusk.

I wasn't going to publish this one but I don't think I care about the perfection of my work anymore, I just want a message.